'Tis The Season for Dark Lips & Car Coats

Car Coat: Ever New // Sweater: Nordstrom Rack // Pants: Cotton On // Bag: Kate Spade // Necklace & Shoes: H&M 

Despite my best efforts to avoid the Black Friday/Weekend sales over the past few days, working in a mall makes it extremely difficult to ignore all of the wonderful deals that calling like seductive sirens to me and my poor wallet. In the end, I managed to escape my three work shifts on the weekend with nothing more than a pair of pants from Topshop and this animal print car coat from Ever New ($50 down from $150). While I've always had a vague idea of what the term "car coat" actually means (a coat you wear in the car to look good?), I was curious enough after making this purchase to google the definition. According to some random website, car coats are "outerwear which were originally designed for driving in open cars" and "often also have a stylish flair, so that a dashing motorist could step out of a vehicle looking fashionable." If that isn't an awesome description, I don't know what is! In addition, these coats are distinguished by their "A-Line style, flat front, and mid-thigh length." There you go, we've all learned something new today!

Moving onward, I must say that I'm quite in love with this coat's design and print; however, I'm unsure as to whether I can actually wear it on my frequent commutes downtown since the weather is currently freezing (to Vancouverites at least) and this piece is not particularly warm. Also, I've finally starting wearing dark lipstick in a cosmetic nod to these swiftly darkening days of late fall and impending winter. I tested the waters with this cheaper alternative: L'Oreal Colour Riche Cream Lipstick in Raisin ($5.99 down from $10.99 at London Drugs). Based on the success of this particular product (which is nicely moisturizing but not as pigmented as I would like), I'll be buying a higher quality version soon enough!

What are your favourite wardrobe choices or makeup tips for the colder seasons? 

Comments

  1. Oh my I love your coat! Love this outfit on you. It looks sophisticated and very chic! Amazing necklace!!
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chic, chic, & chic, Deborah! I could never be brave enough to rock a bold dark lip color like urs but u so are effortlessly! Haha I was also wondering what exactly a car coat was so thanks for the info, it kinda makes sense now! Beautiful coat, it would be also great to wear it under a heavier coat for those freezing cold days. That kind of coat is meant to be worn more & more despite any wintery day ;)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your makeup---your strong brows and lipstick are absolutely perfect. Are those sparkles or studs on your bag? I've never heard of the store Ever New. Is it online or a physical store?

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the blazer!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the print of the coat, I think it looks so chic!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jacket works perfectly with the purse! :)
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and cute :)
    Would you like to follow each other? If you would, please follow me and I'll follow right back :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your coat, it looks really nice :)
    I imagine the black friday Sale must be huge! In Europe we do not have something like that for pitty :/

    I also like to tone of your lipstick :) I have bought myself yesterday also a darker one and I'm totally in love with that shade :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit especially the blazer!! It look stunning!! I never left my house for Black Friday but instead I did some Christmas shopping on the Cyber Monday!!

    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a lovely coat! I love th black and white combination!
    xoxo
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh, I've actually never heard of the term 'car coat' before, but that is so interesting! Your coat definitely fits that definition. It is so trendy and stylish. It looks amazing with the dark lips! I'm so shocked you only bought two items during the black Friday madness since you work in the mall! That is some serious self control. But the coat was definitely a steal of a deal! Your eyebrows look great too! : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment