Christmas Lace with a Black Gold Twist



Jacket: Tobias via Plum // Top & Skirt: Forever 21 // Tights: H&M // Corset Tank: Wilfred // Shoes: Material Girl // Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target // Necklace: Aldo

As you all know, Christmas has just blown by in a red-green blur of fun-filled festivities (and too many treats). Now we are looking forward to the NYE in great anticipation and, as always, the year seems to have passed much too quickly. However, before we get all sentimental and teary-eyed over the demise of 2013, let's try to focus on the happier aspects such as NYE parties and getting the opportunity to spend time with good friends and family. After much debate, the boyfriend and I decided to forgo the downtown booze-filled NYE parties at either a club or hotel in favour of a more relaxing and gentle-on-the-body NYE party at home with our closest and dearest friends. How will you be welcoming in the New Year?

Yesterday, I didn't dare to venture into the malls during Boxing Day as I have had enough of malls to last me for quite a while. Nevertheless, I did go out to watch The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with a longtime girlfriend. I highly recommend the film as it inspires you to dream big, to travel off the beaten path, and to never give up on yourself. In other words, it was quite the "feel-good" movie! Plus, Ben Stiller is super cute. 'Nuff said.

In terms of this particular outfit, I wore this ensemble to attend a Christmas dinner at my boyfriend's parents on Christmas Day. For some unknown reason, I've been steadily swerving towards darker combinations this year; on the contrary, last year I was wearing blindingly bright colours on a daily basis without the slightest bit of hesitation. Perhaps a happy medium would be a good goal for me?

Comments

  1. Really nice look :)
    You look fabulous as always ;)
    I think I will be in the alps with some friends because a friend has there a house so we will be staying there for NYE :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the skirt, looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! you look really pretty in that outfit, quite suitable to meet up with your bf's parent.
    i haven't watch the secret life or walter mitty yet, i hope it turn out well,
    it's so nice of you to comment, i love singapore , it's like a shopping heaven there. haha my sis is there by the way.
    sure, i followed you, do hope you follow me back ( :
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit!
    i used to wear bright colors last year too
    but this year i prefer darker tones...
    happy holidays! and whatever u decide to do on
    NYE i wish u to be amazing :)
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit!! I love how the top adds just the right amount of color
    to the outfit! great styling dear!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classy outfit, looks stunning on you!

    21stchallenge.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit, I really like your shirt because it pulls together the whole look <3
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweets..thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I am your latest follower :)

    http://glitterarty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I love the red lipstick on u! Either dark or bright colors for ur outfits, u always pull them off stylishly ;) Spending NYE at home with ur love ones sounds absolutely perfect, which I'll be doing the same actually! Glad to hear that u enjoyed The Secret Life of Walter Mitty b/c I was sort of debating whether to go watch it or not but it looks like I should. And I agree, Ben Stiller is a cutie! I love him always in Zoolander hahaha.
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing girl!!!1 Yay to fellow Canadian bloggers :) I know, I'm the same as you, totally dare not venture out to malls during Christmas season, let alone boxing day! I think it'll be people boxing me! Hahahah I've just followed you via GFC, looking forward to your next post love!


    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Sephora Rose Gold Eyeliner: Before & After!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice look and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your outfits are so classy, chic and gorgeous!:) I love browsing through all of it and you are just absolutely beautiful:>

    ♥ Charms | my ∞ fashion confession

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment