A Midsummer Night's Tea Party


What is the only logical thing to do when one of your oldest girl friends is leaving for a new life at the other end of the country? Throw a surprise farewell party! In consideration of the fact that my dear friend N is soon leaving for Toronto to pursue her second degree, a bunch of her closest friends and I decided to throw a simple, elegant, and very fun tea party that was originally set to be on her back porch. However, Vancouver's weather decided to throw a curve ball at us and make it rain almost all day and night. Nevertheless, we persevered and decided to change the venue to the inside of N's living room. Using lace, doilies, miscellaneous decor items, flowers, helium balloons, multiple flavours of David's Tea, and a wide assortment of delicious treats, we transformed that room into a wonderland of a tea party (quite literally, we felt like we were throwing a Mad Hatter's Party at times). Thanks to the expertise of some very talented and artistic individuals, setting up this beautiful scene was quite a breeze! 


Lace flag banners and white balloons. And the girls figuring out what the heck to do with them. 


Need to take off some framed pictures from the wall in order to make room for the banners? No problem, just use them as decor on the floor! Absolute genius. Also, note the awesome use of the mirror as a very fancy place mat.


One of our compatriots has an especially acute obsession over David's Tea so we all were fortunate enough to sample some amazing flavours such as Rose Green Tea and Red Velvet.


Despite the overabundance of decadent chocolates and pastries, this fruit dish was the main item that everyone was fighting over all night. The second runner-up was the veggie and dip.


Adorable polka dotted teapot.


All the gals chatting while waiting for the special girl to turn up. Also notice that we tied the helium balloons to our teacup handles- it definitely added an extra element of gleeful fun to the act of sipping tea!

(More photos after the jump.)


When N seemed to be taking her own sweet time to get home, we took the opportunity to catch up with one another and to plan out our surprise strategy.


Watermelon and cantaloupe cut into cute shapes.


"SURPRISEEE!!!!"  


Forcing N to use her monogrammed mug in some mug shots. 


We also brought some polaroid cameras and took a bunch of memorable shots to further document the night.

Overall, it was an amazing night full of laughs and memories, both past and present. It's always wonderful to be able to reconnect with old friends, as well as to take the opportunity to make new ones. One of my favourite moments (because I'm weird) was when one of the girls decided to regale us with horror stories of haunted workplaces in Vancouver. Since it's rare for us to hang out over campfires anymore, what better way to get spooked than over a candle-lit tea party? 
I'll miss you so unbelievably much N! And while I'll be sad that you will be gone for some time, I'm so excited for your new start in life and for what exciting adventures you will soon experience!

Comments

  1. Looks really a fun night! :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is nice.
    <3
    http://soniatahir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! amazing photos! everything look so cute!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had amazing&atmospheric party!

    I will be grateful if you visit my personal site http://lifestyleplussociety.blogspot.com/

    bella xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice and lovely party, the candles make it look romantic too!

    www.wear2day.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful party! It looks like it was so much fun :)

    I would love if you checked out my blog! If you follow me on GFC and Bloglovin’, I'll happily follow you back! Pop over to my blog to let me know if you followed me and to say hi! :)
    Amelia Bedelia

    Amelia Bedelia on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thats so cutee

    I wish i had a polaroid as well!

    Would you like to follow each other?I would love to keep in touch so i can keep reading you!

    And what about other social media? Let me know if you follow in GFC or any of above and I'll follow right back!! :D

    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo

    Hannah's Heels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!
    I love this - looks like the perfect party to me!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like sooo much fun!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great Party!
    Wanna follow each other? Just let me know!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty decor :) it looks super amazing,really good taste! Btw, I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin, it would be a pleasure to me if you could do the same, so we can stay in touch <3


    xx,
    thefashiondreamcatcher.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is seriously such a cute little party! i love how it is decorated!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable! looks like a fun night

    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Just leaving you a message to say I got your comment & I am following you via GFC & Bloglovin', I'd appreciate the same! Thanks!

      Delete
  15. This is such a cute idea!!
    xx Janice

    UnwrittenDetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like a fantastic party, the photos are so beautiful!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful party! I am sure your friend loved her surprise send off! I am sure you will miss her!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! Beautiful photos!

    Would you like to follow each other with Instagram, Lookbook, GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a great weekend!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so lovely!!! I want to throw a party just like this one! :)

    Elba
    I Heart E

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is magical! I am so inspired. Thank you for sharing. I'm your newest follower on GFC.
    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful ! I totally love it !

    Wanna follow each other, on GFC or social network? I'll be so glad to keep in touch :) Just let me know

    Irene Gm.
    Trending Game

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet farewell party :) Lovely pics!!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute!I absolutely love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Following you too now on GFC, fb and instagram :D

    Wanna follow each other, on GFC or social network? I'll be so glad to keep in touch :) Just let me know

    Irene Gm.
    Trending Game

    ReplyDelete
  25. And as I realised you don't have fb, just instagram hahahaha.

    Irene Gm.
    Trending Game

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment