Sunset Boulevard & Hollywood: Day 3 x L.A.


 Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell // Necklace & Top: H&M // Skirt: Express // Bag: Michael Kors // Sunglasses: Aldo // Tights: Urban Planet 

Since returning from my trip, I've been one busy bee finishing my final class projects and essays. I also had the added pleasure of replacing my IDs, credit cards, and debit card after experiencing the misfortune of losing it somewhere in LAX airport. I can't get over how I managed to keep everything safe during a crazy rock concert and then while lazing around an airport I somehow lost something as important as a wallet! Luckily, I still had my passport and everything that was lost was replaceable.

On this particular day, P and I left our hotel in the late morning to attend a meet-and-greet with Dir En Grey, whose concert we would be attending later that night. I was happy to discover that my new Jeffrey Campbell booties from Urban Outfitters ($75 down from $150) were more than comfortable enough to let me walk around the entire day in comfort. We were about the twentieth people to arrive in the lineup at 11:30 am and the signing started at 1 pm; as a result, we had to wait at the side of the building for a good two hours. I made my BF buy me an InStyle magazine to pass the time but the most annoying part was being bombarded by hot rays of sunshine (now that I'm back home in chilly Vancouver, I miss that sun a lot!). After we had gotten a CD signed, we decided to eat at some random chain food restaurant called Ono Hawaiian BBQ that had decent-ish food; I was so hungry at that point that I was anything but picky about the eating options. Following lunch, we had a lot of time to kill before the concert, so we headed on over to Hollywood Boulevard. However, since it was Sunday afternoon, parking was crazy and it was extremely crowded. I decided that driving past the boulevard was good enough for me and that I'd rather enjoy a more calm experience at beautiful outdoor mall called The Grove.

When we had arrived at the mall, the parking there was so packed that we only managed to snag a space on the rooftop parking level. Luckily, the weather was still beautiful and we had a fine view of the famous "HOLLYWOOD" sign situated on a nearby hill/mountain. At The Grove, I bought a comfortable cape and necklace from Forever 12, did a lot of window-shopping, and ate a delicious New Orleans-style dinner of gumbo and fried seafood. All in all, it was a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Amazing look :)
    I really like your necklace :)

    hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look, one of my favorites!:)
    The skirt and necklace are gorgeous!

    xxMonica
    sunstreetmonidesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing look, the skirt is so cool! you look really beautiful in these photos

    xx

    andysparkles
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit! I'm in Vancouver too! :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post. Love this gorgeous look. The stripe skirt against the coloured bag looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your black/white striped skirt is so beautiful! I am in love!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment