Sightseeing in Stripes: Day 2 x L.A.

Dress: French Connection // Shoes: Shoemint // Bag: Michael Kors // Cardigan: Urban Behaviour // Bracelets: Ily Couture & Ardene // Necklace: Smart Set

Happy Saturday everyone!
Our second day in L.A. was everything we could have possibly wished for and perhaps a bit more. First off, I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall back asleep so I had a grand total of 4.5 hours of sleep (luckily I was able to nap for two hours later on the day). We started off our day in Santa Monica for a walk down the pier and then shopped intensely for the subsequent three hours. The view was incredible, the palm trees were everywhere, people were jogging everywhere, and the shopping deals were overwhelming! P and I observed that the lifestyle was very much West Coast (and therefore we Vancouverites were somewhat related): fitness-oriented and focused on chilling (except for the crazy aggressive drivers that honk at every opportunity). 
After we had finished shopping, we headed on over to the famous Rodeo Drive for some window-shopping and a quick lunch. It was really something to walk through that really baller area and see all of the expensive cars and well-dressed rich folks. For me, the interesting thing was witnessing L.A. style in first person-- these fashionistas really love their sunglasses and dark shades of clothing. Black and other monochromatic ensembles were everywhere and I felt a little under-dressed and over-colourful with my striped dress and neon pink MK bag. After finishing walking down that strip, we devoured some chicken burritos at Chipotle and headed back to the hotel to relax for a few hours. Finally, we ended off the night by having dinner on Hollywood Boulevard at a upscale Japanese restaurant called Katsuya and lounged around the W Hollywood Hotel.
All in all, it was a wonderful day and I can't wait to show you guys all of the amazing things I bought today! Also, future travel posts will show all of the cool places that I visited today in greater detail. 
Until then, goodnight!

Comments

  1. Awesome look, the bag is amazing!

    Reading this make me really want to go one day to LA. Go down the Rodeo Drive or go to Santa Monica *_*

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    P.S.: I love naps, after one I always feel fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look dear!!! I LOVE your bag *____*
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!

    The Fashion Heels
    Facebook
    Bloglovin
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress!
    Cute bag too <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look with the pop of pink!! Is that second photo taken by Santa Monica Pier? So jealous of you! I'm totally part SoCal girl at heart, and the weather there must be perfect right now. I usually visit at least once a year and it never gets old <3 Hope you had lots of fun there!!

    xoxo,
    E
    refined couture 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, the stripped dress is beautiful!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment