Fall in Fur

Hat, Fur Stole, Necklace, & Skirt: Topshop // Sweater: Nordstrom Rack // Shoes: H&M // Bracelet: Vintage

Last weekend marked the occurrence of my last shopping spree during which I bought several items from Topshop (the pencil skirt was on sale for only $25!) and H&M that I recently had been coveting. If you know anything about shopaholicism, you'll know that the satisfaction of having everything you want lasts only so long... The problem with being caught up with all of your latest fashion bloggers, online style publications, Instagram and Pinterest is that you are left hungry for whatever items you saw- regardless of whether you truly need it or not! I usually try to stay out of this endless swirl of mindless buying but lately all I can think about are that turtleneck shirt that I want, those tall riding boots, and that MacBook I'll be getting during the holidays... I need to pick up on my older hobbies, such as playing the piano, drawing or reading. Speaking of reading, I've found ways to spend money even on that by buying several books on my Kobo Arc Tablet. It never ends!
On an opposite note from that rant on reckless consumerism and all-consuming materialism, I adored these ombre, clear-heeled booties from H&M that vaguely resemble Jeffrey Campbell boots for a fraction of the price. Apparently exotic dancers aren't the only ones who can rock clear heels nowadays! Also, I'm in love with my new hat (warm and the perfect shape for my head), my huge, warm fur stole, and the length of this pencil skirt (I've been lusting over a waist-to-over-the-knees skirt for a while now, just look at my Pinterest style board). Seeing how I received multiple compliments from random people about my outfit, I assume that I looked pretty good that day! However, you have to ignore my random blue socks that I hastily wore because I was heading to the gym afterwards and didn't have the time to look for tights or white socks...
What are some of your favourite buys from recent times? Or if you're also trying to cut back on shopping, what are some of your best methods for distracting yourself from heading to the nearest mall?

Comments

  1. My favorite buy was from a recent loot from WorldSoccerShop.com.

    PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome look!
    You look great!

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely in love with this outfit! So envious that you scored that denim skirt for only $25. Topshop is definitely one of my all-time favourite stores.

    www.onmylouboutins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit Deb! On a side note, I think we may have the same hat. :)

    www.fashiontothenine.blogspot.com

    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Loving the fur coat!
    -Vivian from stylemeendless

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole outfit is killer on you.. the shoes are so unexpected! Love the length of the denim skirt and how you paired it with a lux faux fur scarf :)

    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful & warm outfit, Deborah =] I love TopShop, it's hard to not buy anything from there really! P.S- Really cool ombre heeled boots!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.
    I've nominated your lovely blog for the sunshine award!
    See more at: www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look DIVINE in fur, my dear!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment