An Acid Wash Morning on Deck


Happy Humpday folks!
Today was my first day back at work but it went by in a flash as I spent much of the time regaling my beloved coworkers with stories (good and bad) of my trip. Even though I had a fabulous time on vacation, it is always nice to return to a place where you feel loved and missed!

Anyways, I digress. To get back to my trip, I always find that I like to wake up early while on vacation. You open your eyes and feel like the day is full of opportunity and exciting adventures ahead; it's even better if you're up at 7 am and are ready to pack the day full of activities. On the cruise ship, we would wake up relatively early and head immediately to the "Windjammer Cafe" for a buffet breakfast (there were several other locations to have breakfast at, including Johnny Rockets and places serving food a la carte). Before we had our first meal, I forced the boyfriend to snap these shots on the "jogging deck"; the poor guy had to put up with my constantly harassing him to take pictures of me doing this or that during the trip.

As we ate so darn much on this trip, I made sure that I worked out at least a few times at the fitness centre-- it was also a mini-workout to walk up and down the staircases on the ship as we found that the elevators were often slow and full of other people too lazy to walk. Also, this wasn't one of those trips where we lazed around the entire day; we were constantly checking our watches and rushing here or there to get as much done as we could in the limited time we were allotted. As a result, the few times in which we did rest in our staterooms, usually after returning from an island excursion or after dinner, were treasured and often spent watching some random movie on the TNT channel.


 I found that simple outfits like this romper were the perfect pieces to wear on this vacation as I wished to feel comfortable, cool, and casually stylish while walking around an island or the ship. Comfortable footwear were also must-have items; I packed two pairs of sandals as well as two pairs of heels, all of which were chosen for their degree of comfort and style. Additionally, I was glad that I brought two pairs of sunglasses as I quickly lost one pair while going down one particularly scary water slide at a resort in Nassau. When on vacation, always be prepared for the worst and you find yourself greatly relieved when you have packed for such emergencies.



On this particular morning, our ship had just anchored a few miles off the coast of Cococay Island; we would then take a boat to the island itself where we were free to snorkel, kayak, sun-bathe, and enjoy a delicious BBQ meal. I'll be sure to share about that amazing place in greater detail within a future post.


Romper // Bluenotes
Sandal flats // Zara
Sunglasses // Aldo
Necklace // Forever 21
Bag // Michael Kors


Looking back at my vacation pictures and reminiscing about those beautiful blue waters makes me really wish that I will still in the Bahamas sipping a fruity drink out of a coconut-- sadly, I am back in Vancouver where I am making up for my hefty expenditures by getting back to work. I hope that y'all are having a wonderful week as well and are enjoying some of those rays that we have been blessed with over the last few days.

I'd also like to know where would you like to go for your dream vacation? Would you like to visit somewhere tropical or just somewhere different from where you live?

Comments

  1. i am totally jumping on the jumpsuit trend.

    mon | http://www.monsemble.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, the denim romper is so cute and perfect for a fun, comfortable vacation :) I love how you paired it up with leopard print flats and a pop of color with your cute little MK bag. I'm sure boyfriend "loved" taking pictures of you and your outfits! lol I know my husband is pretty tired of it so I'm always trying to schedule lunch with friends that extend into mini photo shoots :) Thanks for sharing all the great details of your trip and I wish a great week back at work, as you said, is always nice to get back to where you are missed and loved. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm also following you on Bloglovin and G+ and I'm planing to keep up with your blog because I love your style and would love to read more about your adventures. Do you have a posting schedule? I normally post on Wednesdays and Sundays. If you have one, let me know so I will never miss any of your posts!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look and gorgeous flats!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look adorable!! i love your pink bag =)

    www.lesley-kim.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww look!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I feel in love with your blog, I followed you already! Hope you could follow me back!

    FOllow The Slim Kid Inside on GFC

    New post UP ON THE BLOG: SKulled

    With Love,
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! And this view is beautiful!

    http://my-everyday-life-and-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's great! Delicious shoes. Hello dear stay in touch.

    Valentina.

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Awesome cruise :)
    Love the jumpsruit and the gorgeous pink bag with it!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how stylish u are on ur vacay! It's perfect that the romper is both comfortable but not too casual w/ the acid wash look! How u spend ur time on the cruise is totally my style by going to the buffet in the morning, squeeze in some fitness b4 many more eatings & for less guilt then watching a movie to end the night :) It's also so sweet that ur bf took all these outfit pics of u during a vacation~
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look very pretty for this vacay look! And I'm in love with your sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear hand for a greeting, it remains in contact.

    Valentina.

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha poor boyfriend! A man gotta do what a man gotta do to make his gurl happy. ;)
    Also enjoyed those pics with the blue water and sky. Oh men wish i could be there right now.

    Love your simple and also very stylish outfit. The romper is pretty cute and the flats too. I had a quite similar look on yesterday. Its the easiest way.

    PS. I think i go with New York City and the Bahamas as well something diffy n tropical yes.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely holiday! Your shoes are really cute love the acid + animal print combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing:)

    magiczna-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dressed so well on a cruise! Hope you had FUN!

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    Follow me: Facebook, Bloglovin', Instagram

    New post: Directional

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm absolutely obsessed with that romper! Acid wash is my favorite at the moment. And it looks like you had such a great trip, I am jealous of the sights you were able to see. It looked absolutely beautiful!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello dear I went to wish you a good weekend, stay in touch.

    Valentina

    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGG i love your leopard shoes and of course that romper!! you look so stunning there!
    Dear, would you like to follow each other via GFC and insta? via that way we can keep in touch. just let me know! xx

    Have a nice day,
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/inggridmn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Perfect outfit!
    http://onstylegs.blogspot.mx/
    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment