A Day on the Town: Tourism Challenge Vancouver



Sometimes you can have the most amazing time in your own city if you take the time and effort to step out of your usual routine or comfort zone. This past Monday, the lovely Sarah from Crowded Closet and I took the initiative to travel around beautiful Vancouver on a particularly spectacular day for the Vancouver Tourism Challenge.

To start things off, we reverted to childhood at the Telus World of Science where we were more than happy to experiment with all of the fun gadgets available and to learn more about the human body, physics, and other scientific things beyond our ken. Next we hopped onto a "Little Blue Ferry" run by the False Creek Ferries-- these cute, charming vessels run from Science World to Yaletown to Granville Island to Vanier Park. In addition to it being an extremely fun mode of transportation, these ferries were fortunately a part of the challenge so we didn't have to pay a cent for our fare.


When we arrived at Vanier Park, we first visited the Vancouver Maritime Museum (where we re-enacted childhood fantasies of living the pirate's life) and then hopped over to the Museum of Vancouver. While we initially had planned on also visiting the H.R. Macmillan Space Centre (pictured above), we unfortunately were unable to get there before 2 pm (the time by which Tourism Challenge participants must arrive). However, we still had a fantastic time learning more about the history of our city, both on land and on the water.



Coat // Ever New
Blazer // PinkMink
Top & Shorts // Zara
Boots // Jeffrey Campbell
Sunglasses // Aldo

[All photos courtesy of Sarah M.]

After obtaining four stamps for the day, Sarah and I decided to take a relaxing break at Granville Island where we enjoyed JJ Bean coffee and pastries from a local island bakery. All in all, it was an amazing day and I'm so happy that I managed to visit areas of my city that I haven't seen since my age was in the single digits.

Have you ever enjoyed being a tourist in your own city?

Comments

  1. Tourism challenge is a brilliant idea! I loo0ove your coat!! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a tourist in your own town sounds like so much fun! To be honest, I feel like a tourist most of the time because I have not being living here in Ohio for long. So, I love when I get to see and know new places :)

    Your outfit was so cute! I love how it was comfortable with the jeans shorts and black booties but you dressed it up a little bit with the black and white coat. Great look girl as always! Thanks for sharing :)
    XOXO

    milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing leo coat and stunning pictures! I love your post!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. great outfit! awesome jacket!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! You've done part of this tourism challenge before, right? Haha I remember wondering what that was and decided it is probably only a Canadian thing ahah that is so cool! I wish there were tourist challenges in Chicago! (Oooor you could come visit and I could take you on a tourist tour! c; hehe) Also, love your outfit! Is is still cold enough to wear a coat? (albeit with shorts hahah) You're such a beauty! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket! So bold!!!
    Hope I can go to Vancouver one day ^^
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my Shopbop gift card giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. coat is awww!!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes it was last week where I and one of my colleague went outta work to take some pics with our camera, so the people around us thought we were tourists and some people who are offering some city tours for tourists even asked us to take part in it and get to know the city better. haha
    It was so much fun and we felt so free taking pics of ourselves without anyone starring at us that much.
    But in general its a good idea to get to know your own city much better. For me i dont know every places and sights in my city. So embarrasing! I think I have to join a tourism challenge too.
    Also love ur leo printed jacket. It looks so classy. Simple look for everyday and i would wear it just the same as you did.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I am not the first one to say that your outfit is amazing, but what strikes me most is your lipstick. I have to get a similar one myself!

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds like such a fun activity! i'd love to do something similar in nyc because i grew up right there, but i haven't seen a lot of the touristy things. loving your jacket, btw and that bright nail color!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, such a stunning scenery! and i love the pattern of your coat! it is really extravagant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't take my eyes off of that coat! Love it!

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute coat!A Vancouverite here for nearly 6.5 years now and I have never visited the Science World. I hope to explore the city more this summer:)

    www.stripedlune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful look!
    I love the coat, it's so special :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  15. brava
    http://www.ilblogdelmarchese.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment