Transitional Leopard and Faux Leather

Sweater: Dynamite // Faux Leather Baseball Cap: Target // Pencil Skirt and Necklace: Forever 21 // Shoes: H&M // Bag: Nine West

There are few things more frustrating at this time of year than not knowing what you should wear due to this extremely confounding weather. You wake up, look outside, and think that it'll be alright to wear a sweater because it's gray and rainy. However, you forget to check your weather app and are unaware that it's actually over 20 degrees Celsius; as a result, you end up sweating like a pig while attempting to look delicately feminine in your recently-bought, prized sweater. While I greatly enjoyed wearing this awesome leopard-print sweater on Sunday, I nearly died of overheating while wearing it all day and then later on in the night at the PNE. Never again will I foolishly believe that it is okay to wear wool material in any temperature higher than 17 degrees. On a different note, I was absolutely ecstatic when I finally found this faux leather baseball cap at Target for the reasonable price of $14.99. I had been looking at a studded faux leather version at Victoria's Secret that retailed at the over-priced sum of $34.95; furthermore, the fit was utterly horrible on me! 
In terms of life in general, this week marked the first few days of being back at school. I actually am pretty stoked to be back in class this year since I've finished my History Major and Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Minor and now can start afresh with a Publishing minor. Believe it or not, my first class, Publishing 101, focuses solely on using and understanding social media in order to further one's career in the publishing industry, whether it be by blogging, tweeting, or tracking statistical information. In other words, we will be learning how to write in particular voice for a particular purpose, such as how to tweet and blog efficiently in order to get certain points across to your audience. My second class, Publishing 131, is just as fascinating: it concentrates on giving students a general grasp of the main technologies and software used within the publishing industry to make various ephemera, including brochures, advertisements, books, and magazines. As a result, I'll be learning to use Adobe CS6 programs, such as Photoshop and In Design, in a manner that would be very useful for a future career within the publishing field. I'll keep y'all updated on my upcoming class projects if they turn out to actually be good! 

Comments

  1. your outfit is so beautiful !
    visit my blog : http://nicoraulea.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such an amazing look, dear! thanks for the comment, following you now via GFC and Bloglovin as well :)



    Saci
    ChocolateFashionCoffee
    ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so pretty! love your cardigan

    from Brigitte // BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog

    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely
    love that look,the skirt and the neckpiece is so beautiful
    wanna follow each other via gfc and bloglovin let us
    kisses
    GlamourZONE

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fresh look! I love the sweater! Your outfits never fail to amaze me.

    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually experienced that!xD With the weather in Hong Kong oscillating frequently, I have already experienced going out overheating, or freezing because I thought it was warm enough. ahaha, I found your blog on becoming lola's blog and I absolutely love your blog and your outfit!:)

    x Charms│My ∞ Fashion Confession

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt! I have always wanted to try "leather" leggings and I think I will this fall! :)

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your outfit! I loved how you paired the leather skirt with a funky sweater to make it a bit more casual.
    I know exactly how you feel about the whole overheating thing in your cute fall gear thing. I swear fall doesnt actually start til the end of october. lol.

    If you have a chance check out my blog! And if you like it lets follow each other on G+/Bloglovin let me know :)

    www.teasetossandtangled.blogspot.com

    Best Wishes,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. U're so rockin' the leather cap, chic ;) Good luck with ur publishing classes!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit, I like your accessories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. graet post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sweater is so cute on you and I loooove your hat! And your classes sound amazing. I hope you have a wonderful year :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your bottom and that top!
    I love animal print, cute photos:)

    callmedreamyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit as always! That is an amazing sweater and a really cool skirt. The cap is also great, you have such a wonderful sense of style, xoxo
    http://www.hollylovespaul.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! I love your skirt!!

    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is gorgeous, love the leather skirt!! and the cap ties the whole look together!!
    Thank you for all your amazing comments dear, i really appreciate your friendship:)!
    happy weekend!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the first pic! the hat is awesome, i have a similar one but gold. don't like it as much haha. lovely outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow your blog is amazing! :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    Wonderful blog! Would you like to follow each other? (GFC, bloglovin, facebbok)
    Please let me know, I will follow back immediately.
    xoxo

    http://narvaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your comment!! Of course we can follow each other! I'm your new follower!

    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the faux leather cap. It's such a chic take on the baseball hat trend!

    xx.
    fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow really great outfit! your blog is so beautiful, would you like to follow each other?

    xoxo
    Cecilia

    http://smilesavenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thakyou for commenting on my blog!:D I was already following your blog on bloglovin' because I loved all of your outfits!x) Don't stop posting!:D

    x Charms│My ∞ Fashion Confession

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the outfit!
    Just followed you
    http://fashionholic-queenbees.blogspot.com
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so good, love the cap! <3
    Lovely blog, would you maybe like to follow each other? :)

    memoiresdecouture

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your outfit!
    it's so unique! i never thought a hat like that
    would look so great with an outfit like this!
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment