The September Issue

Every year, when the younger generations are on the cusp of returning to the classroom and the summer season is coming to a swift end, the majority of the population distracts itself from such saddening realities with the help of retail therapy. I, a self-acknowledged shopaholic, am no different and have occupied myself most thoroughly of late by constantly perusing my favourite stores' fall inventories. 

Take a look below for some of my top picks for this upcoming September:

1. Blazers: Although my closet is already bursting with more than ten blazers, I find that I can never get enough of the structured clothing staples as they allow one to create a polished ensemble with ease and minimal thinking (a good thing when one has less than five hours of sleep). This orange leopard print number hits upon two of my favourite trends of the moment: bright colour and animal print. How can I possibly resist? 

Note: I think my vast enthusiasm for the upcoming 3.1 Philip Lim for Target collection has revealed itself to my friends through the numerous outbursts I have made regarding the items that I want the most. If you haven't already taken a peek at this amazing collaboration, click here for the online lookbook. Mark down September 15th on your calendar if you want to join the fun (aka cat-fights as women beat each other down for the best pieces). 

2. Bags: The satchel tote bags in this collection are almost identical to Lim's signature Pashli Satchel bag, which usually retail for around $1000. However, for around $60, these Target bags are a complete steal and won't completely empty your bank account. (3.1 Philip Lim for Target)


3. Baseball Caps: I've indulged my already rampant faux leather obsession lately with the purchase of a faux leather cap from Target for the reasonable price of $14.99; if you saw me find it in the store, you probably had never seen anyone so happy!  

4. Soft Clutches: At $354, this amazing Reece Hudson 'Bowery' clutch would definitely qualify as a splurge. However, I would adore to obtain a more affordable version of the soft clutch that is just as unique and eye-catching! 

5. Print Notebooks: Just the other day, I walked into the downtown Chapters bookstore to buy some pretty stationery in order to get myself into the mood for school this upcoming week. I walked out with no less than three print notebooks, one being this golden tree version and the others sporting rabbit and owl patterns.

6. Booties: Sadly, the season for cold weather, rain, puddles, and all of that fun stuff is fast on its way to our fair city. Be sure that you're prepared for that eventuality with stylish yet functional footwear, such as these gold-detailed booties from Steve Madden

7. Moto-Style Jackets: Whether in leather, velvet, or any other material, the motorcycle style jacket has become a closet staple for many. Versatile and easy to style, these pieces are the building blocks to many a fashionable ensemble. 
What are some of your September wishlist items?

Comments

  1. lovely autumn wishlist, I want to have same blazer too! Beautiufl garments, wish you to get them ASAP)
    Lovely snapshots as well! Just started to follow you with GFC, hope you can follow me back;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    ww.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! A PL Pashli bag is totally on my wishlist :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wishlist, both bags are so cute (especially the one with the gun) . :)

    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me if you want and let me know so I could follow you back. :)
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe its already september! Wow, cute things x

    callmedreamyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great choice Doffy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks and I am glad to meet another Canadian blogger ;)
    First of all, good luck with the 2013/2014 school semester. Plus, during my vacation to BC I actually had an opportunity to visit Simon Fraser Uni and it was a memorable experience.
    Also, I really love your blog and it's my pleasure to become one of you new followers :)
    And if you have twitter please let me know and I will be delighted follow you :)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment