All Sweater Dressed Up

Sweater Dress: gifted // Belt: H&M // Bag: Nine West // Boots: Rockport // Piranha Ring: Expression via The Hudson Bay Company

My obsession over big cat fashion iconography is running unabated lately, as is well evidenced by my latest purchase: this tiger/cougar? belt from H&M. At the mere price of $7 down from $17.95, this accessory was an amazing steal that I could not pass over. I counted down the days until I could wear it for the first time, which turned out to be for my friend's birthday party at the Port Moody Boathouse restaurant. We had such a lovely time catching up with one another as everyone has been so busy lately (myself most definitely included) over delicious food (have I mentioned that seafood is my absolute favourite?) and drinks. Later on, we headed over to one of our friend's place for play Rock Band and watch KickAss 2. About two years ago, I used to hang out with this group of friends every week, sometimes even several times during a week; however, life has changed us all and we have different responsibilities to which we must attend. Nevertheless, it is such a pleasure to spend any time with these wonderful people as I always have a relaxing yet fun time when I'm in their company!
In terms of my outfit, I wore this angora sweater dress for the first time and most likely the last time. While wearing this type of material looks adorable, I always find that it is never worth the hassle of enduring slight bouts of itchiness and random bits of fur getting stuck all over furniture, yourself, and others. Also, a sweater dress tends to stretch out after wearing it for a day, which certainly occurred to my outfit yesterday. Furthermore, when the birthday girl's overly-hyper dog came over to play later on in the night, she really took a liking to her new companion a.k.a. my sweater.

Comments

  1. Lovely sweater, so chic and cozy!

    xx

    http://andysparkles.blogspot.de/
    http://www.facebook.com/andysparkles.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure we can follow each other. I followed you on gfc and bloglovin. hp you'll do the same.
    love the bag!
    xoxo
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh yeah I hate itchy wool. It looks gorgeous on you though!!! And the belt was an awesome find!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit but I have to say that your eyebrows are flawless and beautiful <3

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  5. The belt is really a steal! And I so agree, angora clothing pieces are lovely but too too itchy blahh ;) I know, living life makes it hard to meet up all the time like we used to with people but, those once in awhile hangouts are important & fun!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look, love the sweater dress and the belt goes perfect with this outfit!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR BAG!! and you look great in the sweater dress and lipstick! :) I guess time changes us all.. i used to always hang out with this particular bunch of friends very very often too, but when we all start to get different jobs and lead different lives, its pretty difficult to hang out together too.. we still try now and then, and the feeling still is wonderful. :)

    xoxo, Joei
    BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look, makeup, I love the color of your lipstick and how fits you.
    xo
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following you back on GFC and Bloglovin! LOVE your belt! xo

    louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your so pretty! :) I love the dress, looks great with the belt, nice bag too!!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome belt! Following you back. xo

    louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    have followed you on GFC & bloglovin'

    Do follow me back too :)

    xoxo, Joei
    BLOG | BlogLovin' | Google+ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment