Tag: 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty


Hello y'all!
As you most probably know, I'm most certainly not a makeup guru or beauty expert (I somehow manage to mess up just about every nail polish job I do, among other things...) as I usually focus on fashion first and see makeup as a secondary aspect. However, I was asked to participate in this fun beauty tag post by my lovely and fashionable friends over at Fashion To The Nine. Both of those ladies, Luvania and Fatima, are very well-versed in the arts of make-up and beauty; they are just the type of handy friends to which I direct many of my questions regarding that aspect of life. Nevertheless, I guess I do know some things about beauty and makeup so let's get this thing started!

1. Greed: What is your most expensive beauty item? 
In terms of pricing in relation to the product quantity, I'd say that my Rosactive eyes contour cream ($52) and Ole Henriksen truth serum collagen booster ($65) are the most expensive items in my beauty regime. They usually last around six months before they either run out or should be replaced, but I always feel that skincare products are one of those things that you should never cheap out on! I recently bought the eye cream because a long-time (and older) friend bluntly told me that I needed eye cream stat or I would have crowfeet wrinkles in the corners of my eyes within a few short years (yikes!). That sure got me to spend that cash pretty fast. Lastly, while my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette was also pricey, I feel that it was completely worth the splurge as I use it everyday and I love the palette shades. 

2. Wrath: What beauty item do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This would have to be either my eyeliners or mascaras! While both are an essential part of my daily makeup routine, I never can seem to find the perfect item for my particular needs. As someone with greasy eyelids, there is probably no eyeliner in existence that stay on my eyelids without smearing onto my crease for an entire day. However, with the use of transparent powder, I can "set" the liner so that any smudging is minimal. Right now I'm using a Sephora brand gel liner and it's quite satisfactory. As well, as someone with decently long eyelashes, I only require mascara for volume. However, it's an uphill battle finding mascara that is affordable (since I go through tubes very fast, I don't think it's worth it for me to buy expensive brands) and good quality- right now I'm using Maybelline Volume Million Lashes and it's working well enough for me. 

3. Gluttony: What makeup brand is the biggest chunk of your collection? 
Due to the fact that I'm still a student and am only working part-time, I currently only splurge on certain items, like eye-shadow palettes from Urban Decay, expensive moisturizers, or primers from Make Up For Ever. Otherwise, I usually buy from more affordable brands, such as Sephora and drugstore brands. 

4. Sloth: What product do you neglect to use due to laziness? 
This has to be either skincare products with any degree of SPF or my eye cream. While I always preach about the dangers of skin cancer, I am quite hypocritical sometimes in that I often forget to put on sunscreen before I go outside for a run or walk in the park. Otherwise, I'm pretty good with using primers, moisturizers, and exfoliating creams on a daily basis.

5. Pride: Which beauty product gives you the most confidence? 
I think if I had to choose a maximum of two makeup products I could wear before I left my house, I would choose my foundation and blush. Both help to give me a dewy and fresh complexion that has me feeling awake and appealing.

6. Lust: Which item is at the top of your beauty wish list?
This would have to a YSL lipstick in either red or hot pink. Or possibly a Butter London nail polish. I have been lusting over each of those items for a while but never have been able to justify spending that amount of money on such frivolous items that I wouldn't be using everyday. 

7. Envy: What makeup product looks great on others but not yourself?
Probably my foundation. Although I use an expensive primer and my makeup usually lasts to the end of the day, I always feel that some girls' foundation look so much more flawless than mine! Right now I use a cheap matte mousse formula from Maybelline because it's affordable and it works. However, I'm too busy lazy to look for a better, higher quality product that would work for me. I'll probably need to drag along my makeup crazy friends sometime in the near future to help me out in that area!

Well, hope that you enjoyed this post. To keep this thing going, I choose Jenny of PlogStyle to continue this Beauty Tag!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tag;)) sorry I didn't do it sooner I was gone for a couple of days out of town! But I'm back;)

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment