Culottes: Cute or Curious?

 Culotte Shorts: Zara // Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Bracelets: Forever 21 // Blouse: Madewell // Shoes: Shoemint // Necklace: The Hudson Bay Company // Sunglasses: Aldo // Watch: Skagen // Earrings: vintage

When I was small, I wore culottes not to be cool but as a practical solution to my tomboyish ways, which often resulted in dirty clothing, scraped knees, and decidedly unfeminine mannerisms. As a result, I was forced to maintain some semblance of girlhood by wearing shorts that looked like skirts. Looking at me now, I agree that it is a little hard to believe that I once spurned dresses for my brothers' hand-me-downs, but I assure you that it's the truth! Over the years, I guess I realized just how fun it was to play dress up. 
Moving on, I recently discovered that Zara had found a way to make culottes look quite amazing. After seeing these shorts on more than a few of my favourite bloggers, I knew that I had to have this piece. During a long and productive shopping trip with the boyfriend yesterday, I stalked and found the last XS size of these shorts at the Richmond Centre Zara- victory! Do you think they were worth the hunt?

Comments

  1. Beautiful look dear, I love it!!!!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing skirt :)
    maybe you wanna follow each other ?
    follow me and the I will follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh my gosh! you are SO adorable!
    love that lace top! cute pics:*

    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is seriously breathtaking. You look amazing! Fabulous post, love.

    xo, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very nice in this outfit! Those shorts are adorable!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel left out that I don't have this short - I feel like EVERY blogger has it! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really gorgeous outfit and thank you for your comment in my blog (:
    yes,we should follow each other by blog x i follow,so follow me back
    http://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment