Polka Dotted Suave

Shorts: J. Crew // Shirt: French Connection // Shoes: H&M // Blazer: Dynamite // Necklace: Ell and Em // Earrings: Front & Co. 

Okay I'll admit it, I'm more than a little obsessed with this "Royal Ball" necklace that I recently bought from the online store Ell and Em. I find that the over-sized gold beads lend such easy chic, style, and charm to my everyday wardrobe and I find myself reaching for it over and over again. However, such repetition must be worth it, since I have received compliments aplenty on it- the latest being from the very sweet manager of the newest J. Crew store that opened yesterday in Pacific Centre. Part of my job entails getting to know the store managers within the mall, so it was nice getting to meet both her and her lovely staff (which includes a complimentary personal stylist). And I'm sure it was nice for them that I succumbed to these super cute polka-dotted shorts. I was also eyeing this amazing polka-dotted blazer; however, at the hefty price of $238, I felt that I couldn't justify such spending at the drop of a hat.

Oh and did I mention that I adore my new job so far? I love meeting new people and my job is all about being good at that. After the first couple days of training, I feel that I've gotten a good grasp of the many procedures that I'm obliged to carry out within my latest work position. However, it will probably take a few more shifts before I feel totally at home. So far, everyone I have met within the mall and in my workplace has been very friendly and charming so I look forward to my next shift! I think that the only downer of the job is that I'm required to wear a uniform (blazer/cardigan, dress pants, white shirt, and a silk scarf); in all of my previous jobs I was allowed to wear whatever I wished and, believe me, I took complete advantage of that freedom. Oh well, sacrifices must be made for better things! 

Comments

  1. so cute !
    visit me : http://nicoraulea.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doffy!! I love this outfit, especially the polkadot shorts :) You look great! I'm glad that you like your new job, sometimes starting out is the hardest part but it sounds like you've found a way to take off on a great start! Glad I found your blog today!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    PS love the necklace too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I'd love to follow you! I'm your 39th follower on GFC :) and bloglovin!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit dear, love the shorts. Great styling!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit, the blazer is amazing.
    Wanna follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin. If interested, check my blog and let me know.

    Stardust Stain Blog

    Lots of love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! THAnk you for visiting my blog, I am loving yours!

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning doll! Love your jacket.

    http://vickys-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute shorts!

    http://www.sincerelyval.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is your new job? I hate to wear a uniform too, I'm a manager in a super market so have to wear a skirt/trouser suit and shirt. I really wish I could wear what I wanted!!! It sounds like you are enjoying the job anyway, which is good as I hate mine!

    Those shorts look so stunning on your and that blazer is perfection!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this combo Debbie!! That jacket is my favourite part of this outfit! :)

    xo,

    Luvania

    fashiontothenine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment