Shanghai'd


Hello everyone!
I would apologize for my one week absence but my lack of posting was a result of China blocking access to many social media sites, including my blog. Nevertheless, I had the most amazing time-- I feel like I will only be able to share a tiny fraction of the experiences that I enjoyed over the past seven days. As I'm currently in Singapore enjoying the hospitality of my aunt and grandmother, I perceive it's now time to finally post some material from my Chinese adventures. The best place to start is always at the beginning so this first post is from the first day at the very first stop in Shanghai.
After our direct flight to Shanghai, which was a hefty eleven hours, we arrived at Pudong International Airport at the ungodly hour of 3:45 am. It was then when my mom deigned to tell us that we would need to wait until 9 am for our tour guide to pick us up (wifi-less); ultimately, we ended up waiting a total of six sweaty hours until we were driven to our hotel. However, all was forgiven when we were finally reunited with wifi and ate a delicious buffet dinner at the hotel.



The next day we began our actual tour with a few stops around Shanghai before we headed to the next city of Hangzhou. At this point, we didn't know anyone from our tour and were just randomly taking pictures by ourselves. However, by the end of the tour, we became really close with several of our tourmates (whom I'll miss dearly)! It was really fun to meet individuals from different parts of the world; for instance, I got to learn a bit about what it's like to live in Australia, New Jersey, and France ("mozzies" means mosquitoes and "twelvies" is the Aussie equivalent to the Vancouver "LG" and "LB"). I also watched various animated movies and romantic-comedies with a certain pair of awesome Aussie siblings almost every night-- definitely a fun way to end a long day of sightseeing.

Since I don't speak Mandarin, the tour mostly consisted of finding people to translate what the tour guide was saying and wondering what the heck we were doing next. Despite all of the confusion, I truly enjoyed myself as we visited many beautiful historic sites that were hundreds to thousands of years old.




Necklace, Top, Shorts // H&M
Shoes // Urban Outfitters
Sunglasses // Aldo
Bag // Tory Burch


I hope you are all enjoying your summer (unless you're currently experiencing winter in places like Australia) and are out doing new and fun things as well!


Comments

  1. such a well-dressed tourist! it sounds like so much fun meeting people from all over the world in shanghai. i forgot that they don't have access to so many social media sites -- it seems almost unimaginable! it seems like a beautiful place, hope you're having fun!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanghai is such an awesome place to be. It looks like the asian type of New York; huge and colourful buildings & many people around.
    I also remember seeing some pics of that trip on your IG and I immediately felt in love with those. That's what I need right now, seriously!
    And gurl, I'm so in love with your H&M shorts, it's too nice! Also love the way you put just common basic pieces together and created such an chic and trendy outfit. The sandals are the deal! Gold looks so amazing on your skin.
    Can't wait to see more of your trip and to read all those stories.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice :)
    If you want to follow each other on GFC let me know!

    http://lilacwish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit, and amazing photos! That looks like such an incredible place to visit, and that's so cool that you were able to meet people from all kinds of different places. It sounds like an incredible trip, and you only explained your bit in China. I can't wait to read more about your trip; it looks like you're having a blast!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie you are back!!! I missed you so much, a few pictures on Instagram is just not the same! haha
    Wow your pictures are so beautiful!!! what an amazing experience to be able to travel through Asia as you are doing it right now, so excited for you!

    I obviously love your outfit, the black and white combo is so cute, casual and comfortable! perfect for a cute tourist like you and the gold sandals are the perfect touch to give the look en edge :) and you look super cute in your pictures as you always do!

    I can't believe you are meeting so many people from different parts of the world!!! that is so amazing!
    I hope your next tourist guide speaks some English! I don't know how I would have handle that situation haha I'm sure not knowing what is happening or what is coming next made the whole experience even more adventurousXOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com
    !
    Thanks for sharing Debbie, I love reading about your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the look and the place too!
    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miss! Great look! I have the same shorts!
    XO
    JEANNE
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great photos!! Your outfit is just lovely! I love the top :)
    Obsessed Fashion Blog
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lovely and pics are wonderful. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the pics, wish I could travel like you!
    Do you wanna follow each other via GFC and bloglovin'? Just let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses.

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words!
      Followed back via GFC and bloglovin'!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photos. You look great.

    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment