Pink in the Tea Village


I've always been a big fan of green tea but my appreciation of the beverage was greatly increased after visiting a Chinese tea village in Hangzhou where tea is grown, harvested, and prepared. During the second day of our tour, we had an early breakfast (which was always at 6:30 am as we had to board our bus by 7:30 am to 8 am) and were driven for about an hour from our hotel before we arrived at our destination. Although we were subjected to an hour long demonstration and advertising spiel from a tea salesperson, we did enjoy some fantastic longjiang cha! As well, the tea village itself was incredibly picturesque and definitely emphasized the best features of Chinese decor and landscaping. Take a look below and you'll see what I mean!



By that point, I fully realized how much I had under packed for the week-long trip; I really had to be creative with my outfits if I wanted my clothes to last for seven days. Since doing laundry was not an option, I had to pick and choose carefully. On this particular day, I opted for this pink skirt and decided to all-out by pairing it with a pink tee. Anyways, I certainly got a few comments on my rather bright palette choice from several friends.

One thing that really surprised me on this trip was observing how crazily dressy Chinese tourists are! For the hottest days and in the most crowded areas, you could see many women dressed to the nines in flowing maxi dresses, lace tops, and heels. Even when walking up long flights of stairs, you could see these ambitious women carrying umbrellas to shade themselves from the sun and wearing embellished high-heeled sandals. They made me feel quite under-dressed!



Top // Topshop
Skirt // H&M
Hat // Jessica Simpson
Bag // Michael Kors
Necklace // Ell and Em
Shoes // Urban Outfitters
Bracelet // Ily Couture


Would you like to visit a Chinese tea village? I know that I had fun!

Comments

  1. TOo cute and thank you so much for your lovely thoughts on my past post!!
    Deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I would absolutely go to a tea village. I adore tea, so this is an easy answer. Glad I'm not the only one rocking tons of pink! You look stellar. It's nice that they're different shades of pink to add diversity. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'd love to go to a tea village! The pictures look amazing! :) I really love your look as well, you look so pretty and adorable! :)

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a tea lover, that tea village is heaven! Loving the pinks in this ensemble:)

    http://www.stripedlune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in that skirt hunny! I visited China when I was 17 years old I think but it was at Beijing though. I really wanna go and explore somewhere else too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! You look so pretty in pink! And I love the photos of the tea village too! Thanks for sharing!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! The pictures are amazing!! I love the skirt! Kss. Caye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Nice post you got there~ It seems like you have always been travelling to fun places !
    Do you wanna follow each other via GFC and bloglovin'? Just let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses.

    http://lil-hign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am such a big tea drinker, so this sounds amazing! that's really funny about the chinese tourists -- they're much more ambitious than me! i am usually super casual when sightseeing. love your cute leopard hat.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pink looks so cute on you ! :) You're lovely

    Bisous !
    Sofia
    http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wooow a amazing place!!! Lovely the pink style!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute in this outfit. I love the pictures you captured.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures, in love with this outfit hun!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your pictures! Beautiful!! I just found your blog. I love it.

    Myveryownpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your skirt. And your pictures are amazing...

    www.journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the hat and the skirt and the bag and the talk about green tea ...and just.. everything! Haha
    Your photos in this post are especially lovely!
    It always seems like you're having lovely adventures :)
    Hope you have another nice adventure today!

    Laura xx
    http://somethinglauralikes.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment