California Dreamin'


Some friends of ours recently moved to the sunny climes of San Francisco and constantly encourage us to visit them-- a thought that often crosses my sun-deprived mind. After my last visit to the Golden City, I was completely hooked to the vibrant culture of the place and vowed to return as soon as possible. However, until then I'll have to content myself with this little "California" crop top and the frail sunshine of a Vancouver spring.


Other than my intentions of returning to California as soon as possible, I am happy to announce that I successfully completed my fourth 10 kilometre Sun Run! This Vancouver event, which was created in 1985, is one of the largest road races in North America and usually attracts the participation of at least 50,000 runners. 

Although I had faced some frustrating setbacks earlier this year while training for the race (I had a back injury for two weeks and was sick for a weekend), I still managed to attain my second fastest personal best of 46:16 (my best was 45:06 back in 2012). I was so surprised at this result as I was hoping to squeeze by with a 50-minute run; however, even throughout the race I had the feeling that I was keeping up a decent pace! 

Somewhat ironically, I bought an iPhone sports armband the day before the race so that I wouldn't have to hold my phone the entire race. Sadly, about two seconds into the race, my phone fell off its clip and I ended up carrying the phone in my hand for the rest of the race... So I pretty much paid $50 for nothing!  



Crop Top // Urban Planet
Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace & Sunglasses // Aldo
Faux Leather Track Pants // Piper Project via Nordstrom Rack


Did you accomplish anything noteworthy this weekend? Regardless of your activity level, I hope that you all are enjoying the brightening spring weather and are taking full advantage of the lengthening days!

Comments

  1. really cute outfit!
    i love the cropped top!
    you are so lucky you went to California!
    it's my dream city <3
    xoxo Rose
    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag, looks so chic and practical. Also, that lipstick looks amazing on you. I really like pairing a casual outfit with a "dressy" lipstick.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit! very cool!! and thank you for your nice comment on my blog!

    greetings from Paris!
    www.once-in-paris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Love those pants and top


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/04/those-rainy-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Californian native, I think you definitely nailed our laidback vibe! ;) I absoluely adore how you paired your cropped tee with leather pants and the gold chain necklace! And I'm incredibly jealous of your MJ bag! I've been researching for a new large designer bag but I'm so torn on what I want. How do you like it? I already love my Marc by MJ wallet, but I'd love to try out his bags too.

    Congratulations on completing your fourth run! :-) That is certainly an amazing accomplishment to celebrate. Even though I'd love to try running for an event one day, I quite think I'm ready (or in shape for the matter) for that yet, hehe. One day perhaps!

    You've got such a lovely blog Doffy! I'm your newest follower. Hoping we can stay in touch!

    ♥♥♥
    Kelsey
    Runaway In LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leather track pants! I've been wanting to get a pair for myself for quite some time now!
    I would love to stay in touch via bloglovin and gfc! Let me know on my blog lovely :)

    Yujin
    La Celestials

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you run--no wonder you're in such great shape! This is such a perfect athletic outfit, especially the leather jogging pants. Such beautiful accessories too!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great outfit ! Love your style a lot !
    I am following you now on bloglovin :p

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello dear!!
    you look AMAZING! great look! you are so pretty.
    I love your blog and your great style!!
    I`m here first time so I wanna to ask you how about follow each other?? Let me know, please if you start and don`t worry I will follow back inmediatly!
    have a great day sweety!!
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. U r such an angel <3
    adorable look
    I am your new follower
    hope u will follow back and let me know too at my blog
    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the cropped top and your whole look! very chic :)
    http://itsprincessarca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely outfits)
    Such a beautiful pants!
    I`ll be happy if we follow to each other via GFC!Just let me know in my blog) Have a nice day!)
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. San Fransico sounds great and i think it's also an exciting city lots of hiding secrets and awesome places to discover!

    Oh no! and btw.. I don't trust this Iphone gagdets at all! Just a waist.
    But happy that you made the run. I had mine i guess about 5 or 6 years ago. Thats a loong time. Hmm maybe i attend one in the future. Its so much fun to see where your limits are and you feel so happy after the run but its a struggle anyway.

    Such an great outfit as usual. I'm in love with your faux leather panty.

    I enjoyed my weekend very well. Lots of food, friends, family and fun.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. San Francisco sounds exciting, my friend has a wedding there in July which I think will be soo beautiful, I need to visit the states, some place beautiful. If you go before ,me, lets know your experience. Ohh I was a bit frustrated at the roadblocks, then I realized it was the sun run, I'm yet to even think about, which makes me wonder how fit I am, Hmmn . I'm so happy these obstacles didnt stop you the entire time. I loove that spirit. Life is a marathon too, those who persevere get to where they dream of going :))

    Love the pants, they give the biker chic vibe and you add the feminine taste to it with those boots and handbag, reminds of what Kate moss would pull off.

    P.s - we should hang out this summer, it's gonna be warm and beautiful :))

    Xx
    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh yes. I love this loook.
    at least in Van the weather is decent here in Toronto I want to cry/move to another country.

    lovely post.

    -dominique xx
    http://domxwisdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment