Saying Goodbye to Gloom


I may be speaking too soon, but boy am I happy to be seeing the back end of winter! Over the last few days, we enjoyed some sunshine and warmer temperatures that lifted my once-depressed mood quite a few degrees upwards. Added to that, I also have that warm glow inside from having powered through my multiple school assignments with minimal amounts of procrastination (I only checked social media every 15 minutes instead of every 5). As a result, I am happy to announce that I will be able to enjoy my packed weekend without guilt and that nagging feeling that I should be at home typing away at my laptop instead of having drinks with friends downtown.


In terms of this outfit, I finally wore the Michael Kors sweater that I bought all the way back in early February from Nordstrom Rack when I last made a trip down to Seattle. While I have spring on my mind, I decided to pay one last homage to the gloom and doom of winter with this grey and black ensemble. I also ended up using some items that haven't seen the light of day lately, including this bow belt and Kate Spade tote. Are you guys looking forward to bright spring colours and lighter fabrics just as much as I am?


Sweater // Michael Kors via Nordstrom Rack
Bag // Kate Spade via Nordstrom Rack
Skirt // Express
Shoes // H&M
Belt // Sirens



Have a wonderful weekend everyone, rain or shine!

Comments

  1. nice look :) love ur make up eyes are aww :)<3
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag so much >.<

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that u survived the week just as i did.
    U looking so flawless. The Michael Kors sweater, the skirt, these heels just everything on point.
    And i am also lookin forward for more brigher and lighter colours on spring.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. super:)) and BIG GIVEAWAY on my blog-> http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/2014/03/giveaway_12.html
    x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit, glad the weather is getting nicer!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that look is so gorgeous :)
    I love the sweater and the belt with the bow is so super cute :)
    With the leather skirt it looks just fab :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie! I'm so glad the weather is getting better as well. I've only been back in Seattle for a few days, but it's been sunny so far. I know the rain will come back, but a few breaks of sunshine is always so nice. I'm really loving the all grey and black ensemble! I've noticed that fringe is coming back, so your sweater is so cute and stylish. I also love how you added the bow belt. Such a classy and girly detail. Congrats on not procrastinating! That's definitely not one of my strong suites. You deserve to have a fun filled and stress free weekend : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice look and like your lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these photos, you look so gorgeous! the outfit is perfect! :)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I'm proud of you. You deserve every minute of that time off your laptop for that period of time. Yes it definitely was beautiful this day, I remember, but it became bi-polar haha, we Vancouverites are apparently still learning to enjoy the rain pour and also the switch that happens from warm to cold temperatures..

    This outfit looks like a piece that one of the local designers had on the runway from the last season of the Vancouver Fashion Week. I really like the detail around the neck and around the belt. It definitely invites springand summer. Perfect for this day's weather

    I replied to your last comment on my blog, I just have to say again here, thank you for sharing those insightful thoughts and experience you shared.

    XX

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your Michael Kors sweater
    the top part of the sweater looks like a scarf but not
    so it's kinda special
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fringe ! You're so lucky your brows are so thick, I'm trying to grow out mine right now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment