All Shades of Grey







"Ain't Laurent Without Yves" Sweater // Sirens
Pants & Beanie // H&M 
Necklace // Aldo (similar)
Bracelets // Ardene, Sirens
Bag // Material Girl


Over the last few weeks, I've obsessively been playing a whole bunch of newly-downloaded music on my iTunes playlist after we took a long road trip to Seattle. Seeing as these songs are what I listen to from dawn until dusk, I thought that I would share some of my favourites:

Nirvana: The best angry/emo/grunge music to rock out with while driving in the car or pushing yourself to work out harder at the gym. I've just recently become obsessed with this famous Seattle 90s group and only wish that this band was still around so that I could watch them perform live...


Smashing Pumpkins: I know I'm more than a little late to jump onto the 90s rock wagon, but I'm here now! After hearing this song in multiple places, I fell for its nostalgic charm and now play it on the daily.

Goo Goo Dolls: I'm a sucker for sentimental rock ballads. 

Arctic Monkeys: During my road trip to Seattle, we listened to many of this band's older songs. At my brother's prompting, I downloaded a few of their latest hits and discovered that they were awesome

Daft Punk: My eldest brother also was the one who convinced me to listen the entire Random Access Memories album, instead of just the very famous "Get Lucky."

Hedley: This catchy song is the perfect way to pump yourself up when transiting to work or school on a typically gloomy day in Vancouver.

Miley Cyrus: I used to hate on this raunchy gal like crazy until the Biebs started spinning out of control. Nowadays, I tolerate this singer as 1) she is actually talented and 2) she doesn't end up on the news for egging her neighbours' houses. 

I hope that you enjoy some of these song selections as well; music is such an awesome way to inspire yourself to be more productive, to let that angst out, or to maintain that happy-go-lucky feeling. Feel free to let me know if you have any music recommendations as well!

P.S. I'm loving the fact that acid wash jeans have come right back into style and that I can rock them once again loudly and proudly. Also, in relation to my post title, did you know that the film Fifty Shades of Grey is being filmed right here in Vancouver?


Comments

  1. Love Love Love this outfit! The washed jeans is killing it.
    And i love listening to Miley Cyrus songs as well.
    As for me music is very important. If i'm down or mad of something i always listen to music to cool down.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this edgier look on you! The bold chain and shoes are killer. And dear, you have such a beautiful face :)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, you look stunning! I especially love your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is perfection. Love that you so easily can change up your look and still make the trend look effortless. Love the added detailing of those socks; dainty prints are everything for spring. The pun on the sweater is right up my street and I can't believe Sirens is so on point.
    Can't wait to see you girlie, your outfits always inspire me!

    -Sarah xo

    http://crowdedcloset.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something tells me Kurt Cobain rolled over in his grave when you referred to Nirvana as"emo" :)

    That being said, I LOVE your sweater (somewhat of a fashion political statement these days!)…. fun look!

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, love the shoes! Been looking for something like this! And love this edgy look <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Sporty Chic
    xx, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look! effortlessly cool

    xo, Liz
    http://oyouclassy.com
    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool look :)
    The sweater is amazing :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment