Red Carpet Glamour: The Top 5 Best Dressed at the 2014 Oscars



Like most of the world, I was enthralled by the glamorous world of the 86th Academy Awards and its sea of A-list celebrities. While I was snuggled up in a big blanket and sipping on a hot mug of coffee, many of my favourite actors were dressed up to the nines in the most spectacular designer creations. I would have to say that my favourite moment of the entire ceremony was when the awesome Ellen DeGeneres took a selfie (with the help of "short-armed" Bradley Cooper) with a slew of Hollywood superstars and broke Twitter history with a record number of retweets (see the tweet that "broke" Twitter). While there were many gorgeous creatures attending the event, the following five ladies were my top picks for the Best Dressed category:

5. Anne Hathaway in Gucci


This talented and beautiful woman has been one of my favourite actors since The Princess Diaries; I'm incredibly inspired by how far she has come in terms of her career and developing her talent. Acting prowess aside, she looked drop-dead gorgeous in this Gucci gown with its bejewelled halter bodice and perfectly tailored fit.


4. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior


J. Law rocked the Oscars Red Carpet with her usual charm, down-to-earth goofiness, and gorgeous attire. The Catching Fire and American Hustle star never fails to look fabulous, both on and off the silver screen; in this particular instance, she ignites the stage in this vibrantly orange-red gown with subtle peplum details. 


3. Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen


This wonderful actress, who has proven her mettle in both comedies and more serious films, has also been one of my favourite actors long before she was nominated for Gravity or The Blind Side; in fact, I remember adoring her in Ms. Congeniality as I could totally relate to her awkward tomboyish ways. During last night's show, she looked stunning in this midnight blue McQueen gown that featured a sweetheart neckline and elegantly draped detailing.


2. Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace


This romantic-comedy darling looked absolutely fabulous in this extravagantly beautiful gown by Atelier Versace; the sweeping draped details and the shimmering fabric take one's breath away! What's more, I thought it was so adorable how proud her famous parents, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, looked when she took the stage. 


1. Lupita Nyong'o in Prada


And now to my favourite gown of the night: Lupita Nyong'o's gown by Prada. This ice blue dress, which caters to every little and big girl's dreams of being a fairy tale princess, would be my choice for a night on the famous red carpet; the deep cut of the neckline and gorgeous drapery of the piece are sheer perfection. Last but not least, congratulations to this 12 Years A Slave star on her well-earned Oscar win!  

Who were your favourite picks for Best Dressed?

Comments

  1. Haha if only Bradleys arms were longer. lol!!
    Loved all the robes but my favourite was ..guess who? Lupita of course. Loved her light blue gown by Prada.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Hudson and Lupita Nyong'o are my favourite :X

    http://visiononfashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to wear Sandra Bullock's dress, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i completely agree! kate hudson made my jaw drop!

    xo, Liz
    http://oyouclassy.com
    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dresses!! in love with the Prada dress an the Versace dress!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I (like everyone else) am a huge JLaw fan and so I thought she looked amazing in her red Dior dress and I think Lupita's dress was so beautiful, perfect colour for her! Loved the Oscars this year, Ellen was such a great host eh!

    -Sarah xo

    http://crowdedcloset.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sandra Bullock looks amazing!

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lupita was SO fab! but I also loved Emma Watson's dress! :)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would recommend this very very pretty dress for others too. This will be unique among many dresses I have purchased recently. Superfast shipping and so many choices of dresses.
    Louis Vuitton bags on sale

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a little worried about fit , but fit beautifully, I am 5"3 and 125lbs and ordered a size 6 (it is a little snug around the waist, but it's a corset so that is expected).
    best watch brands

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment