No Compromises

Top: Express // Cardigan: clothing swap // Bag: Material Girl // Pants & Bracelet: Sirens // Toque: H&M // Booties: Expression via The Bay // Necklace: Forever 21 // Lip Colour: NYX Jumbo Lip Liner in Burgundy

Photo Credits: Luvania

Tough decisions. Life is full of them. Regardless of whether you are contemplating a life-changing move or if you should get off the couch to hit the gym, the choices you make often determine whether you will stumble onto a new opportunity in the near future or remain in a stagnant lifestyle.Whenever I try out a new restaurant, I'm never that person who takes a good twenty minutes to decide on my order; in fact, my boyfriend often compliments me on my ability to make quick and efficient decisions with minimal fuss. However, over the past year I have learned the importance of making tough decisions on issues bigger than the flavour and toppings of my next plate of pasta. 

For instance, learning how to save for various trips here and there has taught me how to budget (although I could certainly improve in this particular area), as well as to determining whether certain items or services are needs or wants. Moreover, while pushing myself to do new things out of my usual comfort zone has been a wonderful experience; I've also learned that life can get darn complicated if you fill it with too many obligations, activities, and responsibilities. Consequently, I've discovered another aspect of myself: I have a tendency to be too nice at times. That characteristic has sometimes resulted in me being influenced to do things to which I normally would have said "no"; things that might even go against my usual code of conduct or values. Fortunately, I have learned how to resist, how to stand up for myself, and to what extent I'm willing to adapt to the situation in question.

The main point of this rambling mess? Don't ever let things as inane as materialism and superficial values compromise your character; know who you are and never lose sight of that person. 

While I know that the subject of today's post is much heavier than usual, I think that the occasional voicing (or blogging) of these 'deep' thoughts can be a very cathartic process. Reflecting over my doings of the past year has made me think about what character-building I have undergone within the last twelve months; as well, it makes me even more determined to work hard towards becoming the person I wish to be. 

What have you learned about yourself over this past year?

Comments

  1. Featured this post at www.beautyshareit.com

    Like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beauty-Share-It/1407241302851007

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag! Well I learn more about me such as if you fight for your dreams they became true; that´s my case :)
    Today new post,My sneakers combined with…
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très sympa comme tenue ^^
    bises.
    www.dearjoy.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo!! Another Canadian blogger & also a West Coaster!
    That outfit looks awesome! Really like the cardi and bag - been casually looking for a black shoulder bag myself so maybe I'll check out the Bay!
    Great nail polish too! Gotta wear some brights for the grey weather we've had so far this year that's for sure! :)

    cachoojoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and stunning !!!

    Kisses from www.withorwithoutshoes.com

    Today I bring you my last NEW IN...an amazing pair of Ankle Boots with a punk touch!!
    Giveaway - Renew your closet with these 2 prizes of $100

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful... please follow back
    check out my new post here http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/01/velvet-mix-stripe-skirt-and-monochrome.html happy weekends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute look! I love you cap and bag! :)

    Would you like to floow each other (GFC, bloglovin, Facebook)? Just let me know on my blog so we can catch up on all of these ;)

    Blog: The Room 31

    Facebook: Facebook: The Room 31
    Bloglovin: Bloglovin: The Room 31

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style! This outfit is hot!!

    xx Cissy
    idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look is simply amazing :)
    I love the pants, they look so en vogue :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top is so pretty, i love it! great post
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love this look, every piece in your outfit compliments each other.

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are honestly so glam! I always make sure to catch up on your posts each weekend :) That prom dress post was so well-written and gave me some inspiration for my search for my own dress!

    And how uncanny! Haha I just posted a decision-making themed post a second ago. We're twins! But I'm so totally that girl that takes FOREVER to order. I'm glad that you don't have to go through the agony and put others through it haha. I also can resonate with being too nice--I have such a hard time saying no, so I end up doing so many things for other people that I'd rather not do. There's a delicate balance between helping out and doing it all, if you know what I mean. I've definitely been working towards achieving that balance!

    Anyways, only you could make a crop top look so polished. I love those patterned pants too. And cognac ankle boots are like the way to my heart. You're gorgeous, Doffy!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfit! Beautiful photos!

    Have a good week!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit dear, the pants look so edgy and comfortable!! Great post!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. and again .. ur outfits are so inspring.
    I'm lovin all of your looks. You have great style.

    I've learned that i have to be patient, dont be so fast in some things. You better wait than doing everything quick otherwise u will not be succesful in life.

    x Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment