Houndstooth & Lattes


Pants: Topshop // Shoes: Material Girl // Jacket & Necklace: Forever 21 // Top: Express // Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target  

There should be a rule that Saturdays are reserved for slow mornings, great cups of coffee, and spending quality time with loved ones. Since I've become accustomed to working over the weekends, having my Saturdays and Sundays free for this entire month is a gift that I am treasuring to the last second. In fact, the song Bed Peace by Jhene Aiko featuring Childish Gambino pretty much sums up that lazy feeling that everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy every once in a while-- minus the drugs. 

Saturday started out with a crazy rainstorm that made me want to curl back into my warm bed; however, by the time the boyfriend and I got our coffees, the rain had stopped and some sunshine even dared to peek out from behind the clouds. After meandering slowly from Starbucks (where I had my second Caramel Flan Latte of the week) to the clearance sections of the Chapters bookstore, I met up with my equally shopping-addicted friend Jasmeen of Keeping Up With Jasmeen at one particularly large shopping establishment. We then proceeded to clear out that mall of just about every attractive sales item; while I am of course exaggerating, I'm pretty sure that my boyfriend would agree with that statement very literally. It doesn't help that the next day I came home from yet another 'window-shopping' expedition carrying several very large and stuffed shopping bags...

Comments

  1. LOVE those pants Deb, Topshop is on point! I totally agree that Saturdays should be about fun but being students and working part time definitely makes that hard. Can't wait to see what you picked up in the sales!

    Sarah xox

    http://crowdedcloset.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing outfit, dear! love the combination <3

    visit my blog please)
    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia
    keep in touch, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I covet this outfit, it looks so good on you. Also, you've inspired me to paint my nails something other than red/orange in winter. The blue/green is gorgeous and makes such a statement. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing look :)
    I love the pants, they fit you perfectly :)

    This Saturday sounds nice :)
    I love long coffee breaks :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look and photos!
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN?
    http://www.fashionhypnotised.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, Love the pants!!!! Amazing!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so gud in this Outfit!
    i love ur dark red leather jacket
    Where did u get the lipstick from?

    xx http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your look is gorgeous! I also adore your shoes. It's perfect.

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit dear!
    You have such a great sense of style, so inspiring <3
    Have a nice day.
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE for the leather jacket details & color and let's not get started w/ those pants! Really tho, u always inspire me to want to incorporate more colors & patterns into my wardrobe! Hopefully when I get out of my shopping rut, my love for only black will soon change hehe. And the fact that both Sats & Suns get even more perfect with time for love ones & that good laziness nowhere to rush to but still so worth it to just relax makes those 2 days all the more special… making us wish for longer weekends :P
    P.S- I really thank YOU for always taking the time to leave me wonderful & thoughtful comments. They make my day!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool trousers!!

    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog dear, can't wait to see your next post with your new stuff :D
    Love your jacket so much and love your whole outfit too, you look fashionable.
    Btw i'm your new follower dear, keep in touch :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pants!! The houndstooth is such a fabulous print-masculine without being too overpowering. I love the leather jacket as well. The burgundy color looks amazing with the pants. I'm also loving the crop top-subtle and sexy. Ooh, I actually just saw a commerical for the new flan latte at Starbucks. I hate coffee, but really want to try this!! That's a bummer that you have to work most weekends, but at least that's helping 'window shop'... ; )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment