The Vintage Trend


The Vintage Trend



Vero Moda peplum top
$22 - welikefashion.com


Balmain super skinny jeans
net-a-porter.com


Full Circle long skirt
$125 - purple-oval.co.uk


Satin clutch
lordandtaylor.com


Betty Jackson Black pearl jewelry
$19 - debenhams.com


Stud earrings
pretaportobello.com


Kate spade eyewear
southmoonunder.com




While I usually try not to buy into trends unless I really like them or I'm sure that they will last more than one season, I've fallen in love with the vintage-themed trends that have been circulating around town lately.
Maybe it's childhood nolstagia resurfacing because I used to love watching those romantic and atmospheric 1940s, 50s, & 60s movies back when I was young and my parents didn't let me watch many mainstream movies. I'm now thankful for how strict my parents were with what I watched because I ended up gaining a deep and lasting appreciation for actors like Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and other amazing style icons.

Anyways, back to the vintage trends, looking at all of the beautiful braided hairstyles matched with retro-style earrings and outfits has got me sighing in happiness. Midi-length pencil skirts paired with burgundy heels and bow-tie chiffon shirts and topped off wth a vintage brooch? Perfection!

In the above collage, I chose just a few of the trends that I've had my eye on for the last summer season. Peplum, pleated maxis, cat eye sunnies- I love them all!

What trends have you fallen for this season?

Comments