Summer weddings & perfect Saturday Mornings

Hello everyone,
it's been an eternity since I've written my last entry but I've been suddenly inspired to blog after my eldest brother (who now lives in Hong Kong) said that he noticed that I had been blogging. He just took up a job at a prominent fashion magazine called HypeBeast and I've been so proud of how he's been doing! Fashion and writing have been his passions and now he has a job that blends both together!

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of attending the wedding reception of my boyfriend's hockey team mate at Fortune Seafood Restaurant. But before we attended that, my boyfriend had an appointment for his car in North Vancouver in the morning. While we were down there, we tried out something new: breakfast at a fantastic little Jewish bagel shop called Solly's.

Coffee, a dongo, & a cinnamon bun 
Nearly bought the Essie summer collection for cheap at Winners!

Couldn't resist this beautiful rose
He couldn't resist this sign ;)

After the appointment, we went home, rested, and got dressed for the wedding reception. Although I loved my strapless mint peplum Zara dress that I got on sale, I would have switched it for a more flowy and loose dress if I had the chance. Ten course seafood dinners do not go well with tight dresses. 


Zara dress, H&M blazer, Aldo pumps & clutch, Material Girl necklace & bracelet

The wedding date
Our scrumptious menu (if you adore seafood, that is!)

Cake pop party favours & open bar

Instead of clinking glasses to get the couple to kiss, you had to shoot the puck into the hole. My date did a trick shot! 
One of my favourite dishes of the night: lobster in cream sauce
The very lovely and sweet couple!

I had a lovely night, my only complaint was that I had to leave early since I had to wake up early for work the next day, which meant I missed the dancing (which started super late at 11:30ish)! :(


Comments