Explore BC: Sasamat Lake Adventures


Sometimes the best adventures are to be had right on your doorstep. Last Sunday, a few good friends and I decided to take advantage of our shared love for the great outdoors by heading over to a beautiful park located nearby. Although this was the first time this particular group of friends had come together, we are already steadily planning several more outdoor adventures for almost every weekend. We're not letting colder weather stop us from going outside and getting some fresh air (and lovely pictures)! 

If you follow me on Instagram, your feed was most likely flooded by my enthusiastic posting of #pnw pictures from Sasamat Lake. This lovely area, located in Anmore, is usually crowded with half-naked teens during the summertime who want to suntan on White Pine beach. However, during this time of the year, we were only joined by families and other groups of friends walking the trail around the park. During this time, my friends and I had fun discussing random literary references (especially Lord of the Rings references since we were in the woods), figuring out hashtags for our mini-outdoor club, and taking pictures of the area. 

Photo credits: Karina

If you're wondering why I've suddenly become so enthusiastic about going outside, it's actually in keeping with one of my resolutions for the new year. I've actually been aching to get outdoors for the last while; however, winter arrived and I didn't think I could find anyone willing to come along with me. Luckily, I discovered that some of my friends are just as obsessed with the great outdoors as I am-- thus, our group (tentatively nicknamed #northwestwanderers) was born. 

Speaking of resolutions, I've been maintaining as many of them as I possibly can. In terms of eating cleaner and cooking more at home, I've been doing pretty well so far. If you don't believe me, just check out the meals I've cooked so far here and here (I've made a vow to cook at least once a week). I also have been eating healthier snacks to fill me up between meal times and have been trying my best to choose cleaner alternatives whenever possible. As well, I've been keeping up with my usual schedule of working out 5-6 times a week. 

Have you been keeping up with your New Year's Resolutions so far?

Comments

  1. What a beautfiul place! :D

    http://putrivalentinalim.blogspot.com/2014/12/no-revenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/01/nye-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing series of pictures Debbie! I love your jacket and your outfit too by the way!
    I wish you an amazing weekend Sweetie!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pics are amazing and breathtaking!

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous. I am not a very outdoorsy person myself, but I know I couldn't pass up a view like that. It would be such a nice thing to do with friends--I like the name you all have too! I would love to see more outdoor photography, so if you have some more adventures, please share! Also, congrats on keeping your resolutions. I have to keep my resolution to cook more, otherwise all my money would be gone to eating out whilst here in the UK!

    Maggie D. x
    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place & I love what you're wearing!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the view is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful view!
    i'm following you, kindly follow back
    www.dimplekhadi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off I appologize for the late response but it has been real busy lately since fashion week.
    However I'm so amazed by the beauty of Sasamat. You know that I'm not the nature kinda person but if I see something beautiful as this I typically fall for it. Happy that you get to do all the things you've set has new years resolutions. I honestly really enjoy all of your IG pics from your meals to outdoor pics. Speaking of cooking I've recently found out that I love to bake. I normally cook a lot more than I bake but baking makes so much fun.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment