A New Year Full of Inspiration

Images: Google 

I don't usually like to make New Year's Resolutions as I find that important changes in your life should be made right when and where you really need to make them happen. However, it is always interesting to look back over the past year to see where you've succeeded and failed in making previous resolutions into habits and realities. 

More specifically, over the past few months I've found myself starting to make various alterations to my lifestyle and habits in terms of health, relationships, and life philosophies. In terms of the collage above, there are a variety of habits and activities to which I intend to devote myself during 2015, such as:

Wedding planning.
After becoming engaged, I immediately was overwhelmed by thoughts of planning the whole shebang all by my lonesome. Luckily, I have been blessed with many helpful and knowledgeable friends and family members who aided me in my struggle to make my big day the perfect one. Currently, I feel like I'm actually on track as I've gotten the venue, bought my dress, have a handle on the cake, flowers, decor, and DJ. Let's hope that my planning continues to be successful! 

Spending time in nature.
Starting this year, I've vowed to explore as much as possible of my gorgeous province. One good friend and I went onto vancouvertrails.com and made a list of hikes we plan to tackle-- our very first adventure is scheduled for this weekend!

Eating healthier and cooking more.
As mentioned in a previous post, I've begun making the conscious choice to eat healthier instead of just giving into spontaneous bingeing. My first steps include cooking more at home, buying healthier snacks that will fill me up for longer, and planning out meals ahead of time. 

Maintaining and improving my physical health.
Luckily, I find this resolution relatively easy to continue as I have a good role model to keep me motivated. So far, I've been focusing on improving on my fundamentals (PR: 110 lbs. for squats; 150 lbs. for deadlifts) and body-weight basics (tricep dips, pull-ups, push-ups, etc.). 

Reading more books that will enhance my mind, body, and soul.
My good friend has been raving about "The 7 Habits of Highly-Effective People" and even has been calling it her Bible for everyday life. Since my fiancé has this book lying around his place, I have resolved to pick it up and start a two-person book club with my friend (and pick up some good habits along the way). 

Putting aside quality time for loved ones and friends.
Since my brother and sister-in-law came back home from Asia, I've been able to enjoy more family events and outings, such as Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas Day brunch, and various birthdays. People of younger generations all too often take their families for granted; however, I'm trying to appreciate mine for as long as I have them! As well, even as life gets more hectic and filled with responsibilities, I always want to ensure that I spend quality time with all of my nearest and dearest friends.

Decorating my first home.
I've been a decor-obsessed, Pinterest-scrolling connoisseur of interior design for some time now. So when I think of how I will soon have a living space of my own, I get extremely excited for the various ways in which I will be transforming my new home into a personalized and chic abode.  

Travelling. 
Starting in June, I will be beginning my jet-setting with a short trip to L.A. (my second visit to that city) for a fun bachelorette party. Following our wedding in late August, we will be travelling for the first time to Europe to visit the beautiful cities of Paris, London, and Rome; as well as we might take a detour over to gorgeous Switzerland. I can't wait to expand my horizons on this trip-- the sights, the food, the people, the shopping! 

What are some of your goals and resolutions for the year and how do you plan to keep on track with them?

Comments

  1. I love these pictures Debbie! The colour of this lipstick is amazing and I love the picture of the Eiffel Tower!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie!! YES! Spending time in nature is a goal I didn't have but now do. I spent last night watching the sunset & I must say it was likely the prettiest sunset I've ever seen in my life. I felt so happy & in touch with nature. Your Europe trip will be so amazing. I've gone with my family but I'd love to go with my boyfriend one day.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really nice plans my is the finnish my university and than find some own home for me and maybe be more carefree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, love this post. Mostly like the decoreting point. I'm big fan of pinterest too and always looking for inpiraations. Fashion is my only one passion but sometimes I love to see or make wonderfull place around :D
    Hugs dear, Nabil ;)

    http://www.nabilunity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Debbie, I totally agree with you that change within ourselves shouldn't happen at an specific time of the year. It should be something that we do whenever we feel ready and the minute the desire and inspiration come to us. You have so much to look forward this year! I am not sure how you can get so much done and still sleep 7-8/day! I would love for you to tell me how you do it because I need the advice:-) I can't wait to see how you end up decorating your place, how your wedding dress is going to look like.... knowing you it will all be spectacular. I am truly happy for you Debbie and I will be celebrating here from FL all of your accomplishments and happy moments in your life. Your are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family that support you and will be there with you every step of the way. I have heard a lot about the book you mentioned but haven't read it myself. I will add it to my to do list for this year. Have a wonderful weekend my friend and thanks for always leaving meaningful and motivating comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. xoxo, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! I love your new year resolution, it focuses on becoming better. I hope you can achieve them before 2015 ends. Congrats on your engagement too. Yes I agree reading will help improve body mind and soul. I picked up my reading habit again for 2015 as well. I hope I can read a lot more books this year. I will go check out the book you mentioned. But I have a habit to read with a physical book, can't do it with my electronic devices. I'm old school. xo

    Love, Angelus
    angelus-officially.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really awesome resolutions! Wish you lots of luck dear Debbie!! :)
    Simimaus
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting engagend I hop you have the most beautiful wedding and of course marriage :)
    steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, seems like you've already planned your whole year haha. It's really good to make resolutions though sometimes we can't stick to them for a long term but I mean the thought counts. But I'm pretty sure that you're going to reach all your goals and stay on track for a while.

    Woww seems like you're all set up for the wedding and you mastered everything perfectly and I hope that you get to enjoy your bachelorette trip to LA. I've never been to LA, neither to the US but it's still on top of my "To Visit List". I don't think that I'll make it this year but by Gods grace maybe the next ahead.
    I've already seen some of your nature pictures on your IG which btw are amazing! But tumbsup on that. Keep going!
    Maybe I should follow your tip and start living a healthier live as well. Cooking at home turns out to be so much fun and money saving since we're all little broke after all the holidays and shopping. Can't wait to see more self created dishes of yours.
    And you're right most people in our age doesn't appreciate the time that they're actually having with their families now. We should use each of it to spend it with our families because one day it could be too late for it. So well said and agreed!

    About your questions on my latest post - the faux septum ring I've been wearing lately doesn't hurt at all not even after a while. A big plus for that. And I got the Canon EOS 100D ..finally!

    Have a good day Debs.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment