White + Metallics




Top & Shoes: H&M // Jacket: Forever 21 // Necklace: Ell and Em // Tights: Ardene // Book Clutch: Aldo // Shorts: Sirens

There's nothing better than starting a new week feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after a weekend of fun and relaxation. The past few days were chock-full of birthday parties, laughter, food, and embarrassing photos. On Saturday, I enjoyed a giant Chinese feast for a friend's birthday, after which we hung out at a hooka lounge for the rest of the night. The highlights of the experience were beating my tablemates at "Big 2" (the card game) and watching this beautiful belly dancer shimmy her way around the room. 

For the party, I initially wore this sheer-ish crop top from H&M and these silver high-waisted shorts; however, soon after putting on the outfit, I realized that I would never survive the huge dinner in such tight shorts! I made a smart decision and changed to a pair of print harem pants from Topshop instead (which will be featured in my next outfit post). As a result, I was comfortable and stylin' for the entire night-- I'm definitely not one to entirely sacrifice comfort for fashion!   

Comments

  1. Love everything. I want those pants!!
    Effortlesslady. blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this outfit, especially your red leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin gud Debbie! I like the way you combined this shinny silver high waisted short with the bordeaux coloured leather jacket.
    The clutch is my favourite on your outfit.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in that outfit girl <3 Love that clutch as well! <3

    xx Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is simply amazing!
    The shorts are so cool!
    But I think for some huge dinner they wouldn't be comfortable ;)
    When I am invited to somewhere where will be a huge dinner I always put on some super comfy pants or my leather shorts because they are sooo comfortable ;)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on your instagram and love it! The metallic shorts are so fun and I love the leather jacket. Very edgy and glam at the same time. The burgundy color looks amazing with the silver metallic and I love the addition of the tights. I'm loving all the textures in the outfit. MMm a Chinese feast sound amazing!!! Haha, I love that you went home and changed pants. I definitely do that as well. If I know I'm going to be eating a lot I wear stretchy baggy clothes!! Oh, the things we do for food ; )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, doffy does it again, love how you paired the jacket with the shorts. It wasn't cold this day, was it? It's been so cold in Vancouver though

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday beautiful! Mine was the 3rd, we share the same month :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice outfit. The book clutch is cute!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Beautiful jacket!

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Best wishes!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! I would never sacrifice my comfort completely for fashion! Esp when it comes to chowing down on delicious food ;P Ur weekend sounds like it was a whole lot of fun~ Never been to a hooka bar before or "Big 2" (going to look that up now hehe). I love that ur leather jacket is not the usual black & with the metallic shorts for special & fun outings! Big love also for the heels, never would have thought they would be from H&M, niiiiiice!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE these shorts! They would go so well with either a day or night look. Don't you wish they made the pattern on the tights the entire length though!? Regardless, very cute outfit and that book clutch just screams your name!

    xo,

    Luvania
    www.fashiontothenine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment