Grey for Superbowl Sunday

Daisy Print, Florals, Neon, Birthday Girl, Sunday, OOTD, Outfit of the Day, Trends, Fashion, Outfit, Vancouver, Fashion Blogger



Daisy Print, Florals, Neon, Birthday Girl, Sunday, OOTD, Outfit of the Day, Trends, Fashion, Outfit, Vancouver, Fashion BloggerDaisy Print, Florals, Neon, Birthday Girl, Sunday, OOTD, Outfit of the Day, Trends, Fashion, Outfit, Vancouver, Fashion Blogger
Daisy Print, Florals, Neon, Birthday Girl, Sunday, OOTD, Outfit of the Day, Trends, Fashion, Outfit, Vancouver, Fashion Blogger
Daisy Print, Florals, Neon, Birthday Girl, Sunday, OOTD, Outfit of the Day, Trends, Fashion, Outfit, Vancouver, Fashion Blogger
Top, Shorts, & Necklace: Sirens // Cardigan: Urban Behaviour // Tights: Ardene // Shoes: Material Girl // Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target

I'll make a shocking confession. Prior to last Sunday, I had never watched the Superbowl before. Sure, I'd watched some of the funnier ads on Youtube but I never felt compelled to watch the game itself as I never quite understood football. Hockey, tennis, basketball, soccer-- those are major sports that I find at least somewhat interesting to watch as I either play them or they are a national pastime. The rules of football and rugby, however, are nothing more than vague outlines in my compendium of sports-related knowledge. 

Nevertheless, due to the immense popularity of this annual event, I found myself jumping onto the bandwagon and was surprised at how enjoyable the experience was! Honestly, I think it was only exciting for me because 1) we were cheering for the Seattle Seahawks (our neighbours and the closest Vancouver will ever get to being in the NFL), 2) the atmosphere was heightened by all of the people I was watching the game with, and 3) there was a great half-time show to look forward to. Bruno Mars was such a stud; I was so mesmerized by his amazing performance that I couldn't take my eyes off of him! And, of course, the Seattle Seahawks were incredible while Peyton Manning and the Broncos were more than a tad disappointing. I couldn't believe my eyes when Manning missed that snap in the beginning; what a nasty turn of events for the league's most heralded QB! 

Last but not least, we had a ton of very delicious and, unfortunately, very unhealthy food to tide us over for the five hour get-together. Honey garlic wings, Tandoori chicken, chili, pulled pork, and sushi were just a few of the entrees; as well, there was plenty of drinking (or at least as much drinking as Asians could handle) and snacking. In fact, during the fourth quarter, I prevented myself from dozing off by finishing off two dozen chocolate almonds. Needless to say, I worked out pretty hard after that junk-food-ridden weekend!  

Did you enjoy watching the Superbowl? 

Comments

  1. Wow Bruno Mars!
    It looked like a really great event!I think sushi is healthy....hmmm am I right?
    I followed you back now! Keep in touch :)
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the superbowls too but for the 2nd time. But tbh i dont really get the rules at all xD
    But as for me i loved the atmosphere too and Bruno Mars really rocked that night.

    Great outfit as always honey. Love ur cardigan.

    x Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely!
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you jazzed up your outfit for the Super Bowl! I've never watched the big game before but I would definitely watch it, if anything just for all that food :P I really like that daisy print on your crop top, such a great piece for spring. Also, I can't wait to read the book you gave me!

    -Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look :)

    To be honest I have never watched the Superbowl before. Some of my friends did but I really prefer going to bed. You can watch it in Austria also but it's then 1 in the night (or even later) and if you have to study the next day this may not be the best solution ;)
    But I would love to watch it one day with friends, some beer and some chips. It really must be great :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look, and so hot! We have many Superbowl fans here in Germany, though I don't really know why... I don't understand the hype haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so beautiful as always! :) love the outfit, it's so cool how you combined the crop top with a cardigan! amazing<3
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a sexy everyday look!
    Your hair is so beautiful by the way.

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you enjoyed going to the Superbowl! It sounds amazing! I love this outfit, the cardigan is especially funky and those tights are so cool!x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I am the exact same as you! I don't know anything about football and have never watched a superbowl before. But since I live in Seattle, I had no choice but to jump on the bandwagon. I'm glad you were rooting for the Seahawks : ) Seattle was seriously sooooo CRAZY the night of the win! My favorite part of the superbowl is the delicious food and watching the commercials. Love the outfit! The daisy crop top is so cute! The sweater looks so cozy and I love the black and white texture. Love the tights as well! Such a fun and sexy way to wear shorts in the winter : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment