Red Velvet Sunday





Top & Bag // 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
Pants // Nordstrom Rack
Cardigan // ROSS
Necklace // Sirens
Shoes // Nine West


Midterm exam period has come and gone, my cold has been conquered, and that blasted snowstorm is finally over. I have many things to be thankful for, not the least of which is being able to enjoy Netflix without that nagging feeling that I should probably be studying instead. Speaking of thankfulness, I'm also very grateful for my wonderful friends, two of whom baked us all red velvet cupcakes a few Sundays ago. Is that not joy on my face?

For this outfit, I decided to go with a black-and-white colour palette, which included this sweater that I never wear anymore. Honestly, I wish I had chosen a different cardigan but there are just those days when you walk out of the house wearing something that you later wish you hadn't. Despite the hardship of wearing a less-than-awesome outfit (#firstworldproblems), I still managed to find some joy in my day. Namely, those delicious cupcakes!

P.S. It's Anti-Bullying Day-- I hope that y'all remembered to wear pink and remember that bullying is a serious matter that should never be brushed off lightly!

Comments

  1. Lovely as always gurl so cute with the cupcake and you have such wonderful friends.
    The cardigan is not bad! For me i felt like its the highlight on this look.

    x Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those shoes! What I always say is, when in doubt wear monochrome and you can never go wrong with black and white so no worries your outfit is a goodin! Also, really impressed that your necklace is from Sirens, they are upping their game eh? I always get excited when you post something new and I usually go straight to my closet and instantly have some inspiration for future outfits.

    -Sarah xo

    http://crowdedcloset.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing look!
    Pants, cardigan and shoes are super amazing!
    Didn't know that anti bullying day was. I think it's really important to stand up against bullying. I never understood why people fell the need to bully other people. I mean it hurts and some even commit suicide!

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you did well on your exams! love the cardigan

    xo,Liz
    http://oyouclassy.com
    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely and that cupcake is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combination.
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you're so funny! I have that feeling all the time, where I regret something that I'm wearing. But I think you look fabulous like always and I really like the cardigan. Love the black and white color and the ruffle blouse is so pretty and girly. The pattern of the cardi adds some fun texture to the outfit and you can never go wrong with pleather pants in my book! Congrats on finishing up midterm exams. I remember how stressed I used to get and what an amazing feeling of relief it was to be done. You certainly deserve to watch Netflix all day! Those red velvet cupcakes looks amazing. I've never had red velvet before if you can believe it!

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uggghhh-- I hate this feeling! It makes me anxious and uncomfortable all day!

    That being said, I think the cardigan looks good with the outfit, I like the texture and playfulness of the addition.

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the print on the cardigan! Hope you did well on your midterms <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: WISHLIST: Leopard Flats
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love yout look , you look amazing.
    Follow me back ;)
    xoxo
    http://ambertii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment