Foxy in 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target

Fox Print Sweater: Old Navy // Skirt and Crossbody Satchel Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target // Fur Vest: Material Girl via The Hudson Bay Company // Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction // Necklace: Topshop // Bracelet: vintage

There are few things more mortifying for today's female than to suddenly spot another girl sporting the same clothing item that you are currently wearing. It gets even worse when the other person is about 10 years younger than you and clearly has her parents buy all of her clothes (in my defense, the last time that happened was in Vegas and it was an Urban Outfitters lace top, not some Hello Kitty tee). When I saw Jen Tam of "her waise choice" wearing this fox sweater in this post, I knew that I had to have that geeky fox for my own wardrobe. However, about 15 minutes after I had bought the darn thing, I saw another girl wearing it on the bus I was taking downtown. After scrambling to hide any telltale signs of my sweater that were sticking out of my Old Navy bag, I became deeply contemplative on the issue of how certain items just become too overplayed; which was very saddening since I adore the cute print of this sweater!
On another note, this is the first post in which I wore some of my 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target stash: this skater skirt and the crossbody satchel bag. While the quality of the materials certainly suffered in making Lim's pieces affordable, I did find that the simple yet elegant designs made up for any shortcomings. Also, while fall has strongly made its presence known over the last few days, skirts still remain favourite items in my sartorial vocabulary. As long as I cover up the rest of my body with warmer supplements, such as this faux fur vest, I'm good to go!

Comments

  1. I see you got one of the most coveted Phillip Lim bags too : )
    Cute vest.

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahhaaa, that is too funny about the sweater. I have yet to see any fox print apparel in Seattle, so you're still ahead of the trend in my eyes : ) It's so cute, especially with the fur vest. Love the Phillip Lim purse. Such a steal! It's the perfect size and shape and a great staple for fall and winter. I went to Target a few hours after the premiere and all the purses were already sold out! I'm so jealous you got a bag : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit and cute sweater, perfect for autumn!:)
    Mostly I wear plain clothes and paint on them and ramake by myself,
    to avoid meet someone with same piece of clothes and just for fun:)

    sunstreetmonidesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely impeccable in this outfit and with this makeup! I've actually seen someone else as well wear this sweater but you've worn in such a different and brilliant way:) I'm so envious of how you guys get to hav Philip Lim pieces in Target. I want a Target in Hong Kong! ahaha, you look beautiful:)

    x Charms:) | My ∞ Fashion Confession

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, thanks for lovely comment on my blog!:)
    That would be great follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is just perfect! I love the length or the skirt and i absolutely love the gilet :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh lucky on getting the Phillip Lim bag! Love it, too chic! Funny story on the fox sweater... I used to get a bit irked whenever I saw any of my fashion pieces being worn by many others but it really all comes down to how we rock it our way! Great fall outfit, u're so ready for fall ;)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! And I'm crazy about that bag!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Debbie, I just want to let you know I´m following you back on GFC, Blogloving and also on Pinterest!:)
    Have a fab friday!:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super chic look, love the fax fur vest! Followed you back on GFC & Bloglovin..if you like follow on Twitter @StephanieT2525 , Pinterest & Instagram too, I'll follow back!

    Feisty Fox Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit, its chic and edgy!! the sweater is gorgeous and
    that handbag is perfect! great styling my dear friend!!
    Happy weekend!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love this bag! I've been looking for a beautiful-quality black satchel for fall, and it sounds like the Philip Lim for Target collection may not be great quality, but I love the designs!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect style, the fur vest is so cool! You look fantastic.

    xx

    andysparkles
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with the fur vest! The entire outfit is gorgeous. I just recently discovered your blog and I think it's wonderful. :)
    www.UndiscoveredWorth.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im in love with your leopard flats, your beautiful hair, and your lovely brows! Also, so jealous of all the stuff you scored from Philip Lim X Target!

    xo

    freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bag is too perfect!

    www.onmylouboutins.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment