Wooly Pink Sweaters + Sunday Hikes


After spending seemingly endless minutes, hours, and days being sick, the gradual realization that your health is slowly improving is the most welcome and heartening news. Several days of agony were finally followed increased energy, a lesser sore throat, and a slightly increased ability to breathe over the nasal congestion. As a result, I was able to drag myself out for yet another nature walk (which will be chronicled in more depth in my next post), some food, some good company, and even some shopping. It was my birthday after all!

For my birthday, I started the day off with a delicious breakfast at Faubourg, some shopping at Park Royal, and an intrepid exploration of Cleveland Dam (and a bit of the Capilano Pacific Trail). I was even able to wrangle my fiancĆ© into buying me this lovely sweater at Zara that was on sale for only $20 (down from $80). I ended up wearing it right out of the store because I hadn't dressed warm enough for the weather. Another birthday purchase was this lovely Wilfred blanket scarf from Aritzia-- I'd been drooling over them for a while now and finally felt justified in buying one when I was 1) sick, 2) almost  24 years old, and 3) had just been paid. 

Also, I have no idea what happened to my hair in some of these pictures but I'm sure you can forgive a sick girl for looking less than perfect!


Sweater // Zara
Scarf // Wilfred
Pants // Forever 21
Bag // Topshop
Shoes // Jeffrey Campbell
Hat // Ever New


I can't forget to mention two lovely additions to my birthday celebrations: the sisters Karen and Karina (they should make their own brand... or blog!). These girls are always entertaining, always fun, and always bring yummy treats. Not to mention they are just as obsessed with the great outdoors and with taking photos as yours truly; as a result, I never felt bad about taking 20 minutes to take picture of a particularly cool-looking fallen tree. Thank you guys for being awesome!

I hope you all had a most wonderful weekend and weren't as sick as I was. Also, I highly recommend getting some fresh air whenever possible as it does absolute wonders for the mind, body, and soul!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday dear.... I wish you a year filled of love and happiness... You have lovely pictures

    href="http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com">journalofapetitediva

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is amazing!
    I absolutely love the scarf <3

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so cozy and chic. Perfect for a scenic stroll.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy BDay, you look fantastic

    Shalay,
    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bday! Love your sweater! ;)

    http://www.cristinasurdu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hat with that scarf! Gorgeous outfit!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/02/once-upon-dream.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you're finally doing a lot better. I know all about beeing sick and having a bad cold.
    Since it was your birthday you literally had to recover real fast and so you did. And I have to say that you look amazing after all. Hope you had a blast on your very day and enjoyed it. Your fiance is just too kind! First of all you made a bargain and secondly the coat's amazing. I love the neutral pink shade, suits your skin colour so well.

    Also loving the scarf it almost looks like a poncho. Always been loving those big scarfs that you can wrap into a cozy poncho. You really got some nice stuffs for your birthday. Lucky gurl, I must say!

    Over here at my place it started to snow again and we're finding ourselves back in a Winter Wonderland. It may be not so cold but I still don't like snow at all. So as for me it can be spring already lol.

    Hope you have a good day and fully recover soon Debs.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing styling and photography, Debs! Totally missing the Pacific Northwest!

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    New post: January 2015 Instagram Posts

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! Girl you look so fabulous what are you talking about "looking less than perfect" bah! I love these photos--it looks like you had a really wonderful birthday! I have yet to visit the NW but it's definitely on my list, and your photos have made me want to explore that area even more!
    Anyway, hope you feel better soon, although really, you do look perfect ;)

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had an amazing birthday! the best thing that popped out is the beautiful pink knit and scarf!
    Ps: Love a good bargain

    xx
    Giana.LDS
    www.ledesociale.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. and I have recommended this website to many people. robe de mariƩe courte

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment