Around Town + Hot Chocolate Festival


When you live in a perpetually rainy city, it's a common misconception that you can't have fun exploring new places and having new experiences. While I am more than happy to adhere the Netflix-and-jammies-on-a-rainy-day agenda, I'm glad that I had a long and lovely day with a good friend last week. Although it was raining cats and dogs, we planned to visit several Hot Chocolate Festival spots, use my Tourism Privilege Pass to visit the Aquarium, and eat food (of course).

While we never got as far as the aquarium, we did end up having our first hot chocolate at The Diva at the Met (inside the Metropolitan Hotel), shopping at Oak + Fort and other Gastown boutiques, having ramen in Chinatown, drinking hot chocolate at Bel Cafe, and visiting the Vancouver Art Gallery (also for free with my pass). Not too shabby for a rainy day, n'est-ce pas? 


Hat + Coat // Ever New
Shirt // Sunday Best  (Aritzia)
Pleather Track Pants // Nordstrom Rack
Shoes // Zara
Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs


Forgive the weird quality of the shot below (I almost have no eyes!), shooting indoors is definitely not our forte. Nevertheless, trying to find a decent place to shoot on a rainy day turned out to be an adventure in itself-- we ended up heading into a random hallway of the SFU Woodwards building, which I've only visited about twice now. 


Delicious shoyu and miso ramen at Taishoken Ramen on Abbott Street.


And last but not least, our wonderful Mango-cream-topped hot chocolate at Bel Cafe located within the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. 


Photos by myself and Natalie

While I am grateful that I can spend an entire day having great conversations and discovering new places with friends, I am really looking forward to the springtime when I can go outside more (and spend less money). In the near future, I'm planning on hiking the Chief in Squamish and other outdoor-ish activities. I'm becoming such a nature freak lately...

What do you look forward to doing this upcoming spring?

Comments

  1. You look so chic and lovely in this outfit :) Love the coat and hat!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great dear! _Love that coat

    Please click on the Romwe banner of my blog
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great look!!love coat!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2015/02/na-niebiesko.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice outfit :)
    I like the coat <3

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome look!)
    www.elationofcreation.com
    Love Alena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit. The food looks so yummy.

    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so beautiful. the combination of black and white is great, because you mix it classy with pattern! and i always like it, when you are wearing a hat!!!!

    http://classyfashionbeauty.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks so good! Love the coat, and your hat is lovely! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that looks amazing! I heard about the hot chocolate festival, and wish I went to check it out!
    And ramen, yuuummmmm

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't have to sell me on a rainy day. I love rain. And I don't like hot chocolate. I know, I know, but I don't. I do like the chocolate wafer thing sitting atop it though. Mmmm.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the color, just perfect for my daughter,Black Homecoming Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment