Paint the Town Red


In recent times, I will be the first to admit that I am now a huge grandma when it comes to late nights. In my old(er) age, I have the following mindset: why force myself to keep standing on my hurting feet in a dirty room full of sweaty strangers (who are also thirsty in a different sense) when I could be snuggling up in a blanket at home watching the latest shows on Netflix or Telus On Demand? 

Nevertheless, when the hubs celebrated his birthday last night with dinner and dancing, I was obliged to make a reappearance into the clubbing world. If I was going to go out, I wanted to ensure that I was at the very least comfortable and stylish. The solution: this amazing red dress from Ever New. I originally bought it with the intention of wearing it to the third and final wedding of the season. However, since I just bought a few lovely items from the latest Zara online sale, I realized that I could wear another dress to that particular event next month. 


Dress // Ever New
Shoes // Aldo
Clutch // Ted Baker
Bracelet // Michael Kors


A special shout out to my good friend J for the dedication she and her to-be-hubby put towards taking these #ootn shots. I know I can always count on you to bring scissors to a party to cut the tag off my new purse, jaywalk across streets to find the perfect lighting and blank wall for outfit photos, and order unhealthy side dishes to share together. Love you!


Earlier that day, I had actually undergone my very first microblading appointment in which I got my eyebrows semi-permanently tattooed. Since I have had so many people asking about the process and my thoughts on the matter, I might write a post on my experiences after I have finished the healing process. As well, I managed to buy myself yet more treats from the sales section of Nordstrom-- an everyday crossbody bag from Rebecca Minkoff and a cute little plastic clutch from Ted Baker. Needless to say, I should probably hold off more frivolous spending for a few weeks...


The birthday man himself-- while I often like to laugh at your silly ways, I truly love and respect you as my wonderful husband and partner in life. It's crazy to think that we will have been married for two years come the end of August! Where has time gone?

Well, that's it from me for now-- I'm now getting ready to snuggle up in comfy PJs with a glass of wine withThe Batman Lego movie loaded up on the TV. My main goal is to do not much of anything on the last day of the weekend.

What is your ideal way to spend the weekend?

Comments