A Sunday Spent in Shorts


After enduring a week of summer-like warmth, it's almost nice to have some rain again to cool things down. The past weekend was a strange mix of overcast heat and cool sunshine: when I went hiking on Saturday (a future post coming soon), we experienced warm temperatures amidst some crazy fog and mist. Sunday, however, was relatively cool and cleared up enough by the evening to provide us with a beautiful sunset.

For dinner yesterday, my future mother-in-law suggested that we have a delicious seafood dinner at Horizons Restaurant on Burnaby Mountain. There, we enjoyed scallops, sablefish, cioppino, and halibut to our hearts' content. As well, we got to enjoy the beautiful view from the mountaintop. Seeing as it had been so warm for the entire week, I mistakenly thought that shorts and a light jacket would be enough for the night. However, the cool mountain breeze had me shivering!

In terms of this outfit, I was finally able to bring out these shorts from the depths of my closet-- it's nice to finally bring out the summer wardrobe in earnest. I also have been wearing these lace-up gladiator sandals from Topshop non-stop due to how extremely comfortable and cute they are. 

What are some of your favourite spring/summer pieces to date?



Trench coat // Forever 21
Shoes // Topshop
Bag // Vintage
Shorts // H&M
Necklace // Singapore
Top // Hong Kong
 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and are just as excited for the summertime as I am! I'm currently in the midst of hardcore planning various wedding details and upcoming vacations-- both activities are making me highly anticipate my wedding and summer vacations!

Comments

  1. Love it, you perfect outfit!!!!
    Visit my blog:
    http://onstylegs.blogspot.mx/2015/05/yazmin-lopez.html


    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I adore that top. We have not had summer like warmth here which is odd considering it's San Diego. Gloomy skies all week! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is just perfect for summer! It's sooo hot here in the Philippines! :((

    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the weather's looking nice in Vancouver! You look great!

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    New post: Ayutthaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shorts. I was just telling a friend of mine that i need to get a lot of shorts soon because it has been so hot in Nigeria lately...

    journal of a petite diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful! :)

    Following you now, hope you will check my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! Your shorts are fabulous and I love the sandals! You did such a great job of combining formal with more casual pieces to create a really beautiful look!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad, a fashion + social action blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I have recommended this website to many people.Heimkehrkleider lang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment