Cloud Watch + My Vegas Weekend


After getting back from Vegas yesterday afternoon, I passed out as soon as I took a hot shower and climbed into my bed. Although it was a short trip, my third visit to Sin City was jam-packed full of fun activities like shopping, eating, clubbing, and sightseeing. As well, we thankfully didn't experience any horrible delays with flights, issues with the hotel or taxis, or many of the other worries that plague travelers. The biggest highlight of the trip, which I will describe in more detail later, was being one of the exclusive few to be invited into the DJ booth with Tiesto at Hakkasan Nightclub! 

On Friday, we arrived at McCarran Airport in the afternoon and checked into our hotel before heading out again. As food was our top priority, we took a taxi to the local In-N-Out Burger joint in order to indulge our junk food cravings. We then proceeded to get lost for several hours in the gigantic Forever 21 at the Fashion Show Mall, which was conveniently connected to our hotel (Treasure Island). Somehow, we managed to extract ourselves from that store without blowing out our entire budgets! 

For our first night, we went to Marquee Nightclub at the Cosmopolitan as we hoped to enjoy a bit of EDM and hip-hop (our group had differing tastes). Sadly, one of my friends felt so sick from food poisoning that she would end up throwing up throughout the night. Since we did not feel like clubbing without her, we ended up going back to our hotel early and passing out at 1:30 am. Luckily, our next night out would be full of intense craziness worthy of Vegas!     


Since we had a full night's sleep, we managed to wake up relatively early on Saturday morning to start our day of more sightseeing, shopping, and eating. After walking around to some of our favourite hotels and buying souvenirs for family and friends, we ate the most delicious brunch and red velvet pancakes at The Griddle Cafe located in the new SLS hotel.

During our meanderings that day, we stopped long enough to meet a VIP host for Haze Nightclub at Aria hotel who promised us VIP service at his own club and to also get us into Hakkasan to see Tiesto. Turned out that he was completely legitimate as we would enjoy continuous bottle service at Haze, a table of our own, and fun hip-hop music. We would leave Haze at 12 am to take a taxi over the Hakkasan at MGM hotel; although it took about 30 minutes for our host to get us in, we were lucky enough to be led to a VIP table away from the crazily-packed dance floor. After about half an hour, our host texted us to ask if we would like to step in the DJ booth-- of course, my friend and I were ecstatic over the idea! It was a surreal experience to be a few feet behind a world famous DJ who was completely killing it with his amazing setlist-- we even got to take a shot with him! As well, we actually had room to somewhat dance in the booth, unlike the hundreds of other people who were packed like sardines on the dance floor.

At about 3 am, we decided to make our exit; before we left, however, I wanted to try to look for a friend in the Ling Ling Room, which was exclusively for hip-hop music. Even though I never found my friend, we ended up dancing another half hour as we couldn't resist that hip-hop! As a result, we returned to our hotel at 4 am and got about 2.5 hours of sleep before our early morning flight at 8:45 am. What a crazy but incredible night!


Sweater // H&M
Shorts // Topshop
Hat // Pull and Bear
Necklace // Forever 21
Bag // 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
Tights // China


In terms of this post, my friend Karen, who is a normcore expert, was kind enough to snap these shots of my outfit during our mutual lunch break while she was working and I was at school. Muchos gracias!


Well, that was my weekend-- how was yours?

Comments

  1. wow! u had a fun weekend love ur shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sweater!
    your weekend sounds amazing

    itsjustshalay.blogsppot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! :)
    Seems like your weekend was so much fun!

    xo,
    Janine
    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these have to be the most perfect tights Debbie! I love your sexy sporty chic outfit! ;)
    Have an amazing week sweetie!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice:) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look :)
    I love the shorts <3

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you had a lot of fun! I love your style, this outfit is great!
    Would you like to follow each other? Check out my blog and let me know :)

    Best regards, Johanna from ShoppingMeadow

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so fab.
    Love your sweater and shorts♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb! Sounds like such a fun time in Vegas (I'm living vicariously through you haha)! And this is one my favorite looks from you...so effortlessly chic xx

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shorts are really cool! I love over the knee socks for fall!
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazingly stylish there, I love each detail of your outfit:) You friends Karmen looks wonderful as well;) Besides, those snapshots are so lovely, well done!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a good time in Vegas! I agree, being is Sin City is super exhausting. Sounds like you put every minute into good use!

    And as usual, your look is on point!

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    New post: Farewell to Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW it looks like you had an amazing weekend! I mean... VIP room for such an amazing DJ! girl you are so luck, I'm so jealous right now (in the good way! lol) I've only been at Vegas once and it was because of work so I didn't really do much partying but did plenty of shopping so when you mentioned that huge Forever 21... I new exactly what you were talking about! hahaha I'm sorry to read your friend got sick on the first night but I'm glad you guysl enjoyed the weekend without any bad experience and having such a blast.

    Your outfit is so cute!!! I love your knee high black socks! it gives your look the perfect edge combined with the soft pink :) you look adorable in all your pictures! as always :)

    About your question on my bog, yes, my boutique is running through Facebook so to buy something you just comment"sold, (your size), (your email address)" and an paypal invoice would be sent to you in the within the next 24 hours. It is a new concept for me too but I think is so easy and fun, I hope other people start seeing that too. Please don't feel obligated to buy anything! I'm happy with your support, your encouraging words :) which by the way, thanks for that!

    I will stop by your Facebook page as soon as I get home and of course I will like it :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic! It's not great that your friend was sick, but at least it meant you could get a decent nights sleep and have double the fun the next night!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfits and photos!! Just followed! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg sounds funn! I remember going to Vegas! But I went during the low season and the clubs weren't as packed!
    Love your second comfy outfit.

    raincouverbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! it sounds like you guys had an amazing experience in vegas. can't believe you partied with tiesto! the giant F21 connected to your hotel sounds dangerous, especially for a girls trip! haha

    your knee socks are adorable and i'm loving the baseball cap! the color in your friend karen's hair is awesome too.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad that this time everything went well and you don't had to experience all the bad traveller issues again since your last trip to Singapore. :)
    Sorry to hear that about your friend hope she got well soon.
    Anyway sounds like a lot of much and so I love hip hop music too. Its the finest and the best music ever beside RnB. Must be an incredible experience to party with such a great DJ. Bet you had enough to celebrate about.

    But lets come to your outfit. I love the composition, each colours and pieces are a perfect match. Cozy yet classy. Loving the tights and shimmery material of the shorts. Perfectly styled Debs.

    As my sister and I are planning a short trip on a weekend soon I could think of spending sometime im Vegas too. But will see, will see.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh this is probably one of my favorite looks of yours! The edgy-cool vibe is definitely your personal style--and girl, can you pull it off! Also, I think you did a great job of transitioning into the colder weather that is slowly encapsulating the region! Pink looks great on your skin!

    Also, haha what a great luck of running into the guy who got you such great VIP treatment at the club! Looks like you had an amazing time and here's to many more great days! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment