Local Love


Lately, my biggest obsession has been exploring more and more of my own city and province. Before the weather gets too cold or rainy for outdoor shenanigans, I've been trying to get out and about as much as possible. As we were lucky enough this weekend to have the most beautiful weather, I was able to check out more potential wedding venues, meet with friends, try out new brunch spots, and enjoy meals out on the patio. Sadly, on Saturday I was feeling drained of energy as I was battling the beginnings of a cold (all those sick people on transit and work finally took their toll on my health). Luckily, I slept enough that night to feel almost completely better the next morning. As a happy result, I was able to get in some serious workout time today, starting with an intense spin class at 8:30 am followed by a gym session in the late afternoon. 


I also was able to wear this lovely backpack from the brand ESPE for the first time. While I don't usually wear backpacks, I'm not immune to their practicality and the many cute designs available out there. In fact, I started wearing backpacks while in Asia this past summer as I couldn't survive without a bag that could carry a large water bottle and other necessities. Sometimes your usual handbag just doesn't cut it. This Canadian brand, based in Toronto, sells self-designed handbags and accessories; as well, they pride themselves on retailing animal-friendly products. When I was given the choice to select from ESPE's 2014 Fall/Winter collection, this cute number appealed to me with its simple, yet chic, red-and-black lines, tassels, and small size. What do you guys think?  


Backpack // ESPE (c/o)
Hat // Ever New
Blazer // H&M
Pants // Nordstrom Rack
Shoes // Arturo Chiang
Necklace // Aldo


What did the rest of you get up to this weekend? I hope you enjoyed the sunshine and heat as I'm sadly certain that it won't be lasting for much longer. It's finally fall, after all (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it)!

Comments

  1. Really nice and lovely look :)
    The jacket is super amazing :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Love that blazer and bagpack


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/09/ponmo14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! I'm lusting over your jacket and your shoes! Haha

    xo,
    Janine | www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicee:) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The backpack is lovely! Strong eyebrow game like usual, pretty lady! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that backpack is adorable! i brought one when i traveled to japan and it was a lifesaver. there are tons of situations where backpacks are just so much easier than using a purse!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie! I love the backpack!!! I got one from choies as well but I'm still waiting for it's arrival! I think backpacks are so useful, as you said when traveling and also for shool! it doesn't matter how big of a tote I get, it always gets pretty heavy and hard to carry with one just shoulder. So, if you are going to need a backpack, you better get a cute one right? I love the color of yours, the red and balck combination is very bold, chic and striking! I also love how you paired it up with a black and white look :) I'm also in love with your polka dotted jacket!!! what a cutie Debbie! you have the cutest things :)

    I liked to read about you trying to explore more of your own city! to be honest, I think I should do the same. I moved to where I live now around 7 years ago! and even though for a long time it felt pretty new and I made many many discoveries, now it feels pretty old haha I'm absolutely sure I don't know more than half of it so I will do the same :)

    I also wanted to invite you to my blog! I know you are busy but on Sunday post I published something super important for me! some really amazing news and since you are of my closest blogger friends, I also want to share it with you and get your feedback :) hope you get a minute to stop by!
    I hope you are having a lovely week!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com
    KAWAII BOX INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that u're exploring ur own city & province! U know how much I love doing this for NYC ;) It's like u think u know what's out there or u don't have to deal with being a "tourist" in ur own city but the experiences are all worth it. Esp when u discover new places! For me even the familiar same old considered locations are so much more different as we get older.
    I have to agree w/ u on not being that fond of backpacks but lately as I am more a fan of being practical, backpacks seem like the best option. I love the color & design of urs! My boyfriend & I are planning on going to Korea next year so I will be searching for one.
    Thanks for letting me know how u've been doing in ur last comment. I was so happy to hear from ya!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice outfit and you're so pretty my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie! I love your jacket and hat combo! You look so chic and effortlessly cool!
    Have an amazing Wednesday!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great idea to discover your beautiful local! it looks wonderful, such a nice setting. and i like your cool outfit, the hat is cool and i like your statement necklace! and the red bag set a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that backpack. I love to carry around a lot of stuff - I don't understand how men cope with just a wallet and their keys!

    Corinne
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We also had wonderful weather in NY this weekend (trying to enjoy while I can)! You look beautiful as usual--especially love the unexpected accessories like the hat and red backpack! And polka dots are so on-trend for fall :) Always love visiting your blog!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, what a great brand! I love that you are reaching out to local, socially-responsible brands to collaborate with--that's so awesome and unfortunately something that is not done very often in the blogging industry, so kudos to you! (: Also, I love the color and design of the bag--I've been looking for the perfect small vegan leather backpack and so I will definitely have to check out this store--thanks so much!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment