Brandywine Falls


Although I've had the most hectic week in recent history, I can't help but feel peaceful when looking back at the nature-filled photos I took over the past weekend while in Squamish and Whistler. Over the last few days I've been taking advantage of city life by attending movie premieres, Vancouver Fashion Week, and eating delicious lunches at fancy restaurants. However, there's nothing more relaxing than getting away from the city to enjoy the stunning beauty of our province's natural landscapes. 

Although we enjoyed all of the niceties of modern day amenities at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, I was happy that I forced my significant other to explore some other parts of the area that didn't include man-made materials. While he isn't terribly interested in exploring the great outdoors, I am happy to say that he was blown away by the beauty of Brandywine Falls (after I pleaded with him to make a stop at one of the parks before we arrived at Whistler). 

In Brandywine Falls Provincial Park, we took a short but lovely walk over to the viewing area of the waterfall and the nearby canyon rim. Both featured gorgeous bodies of clear, bluish-green water that must be seen in person in order to be fully appreciated. The view is topped off by spectacular mountains covered with rich forests; those thick areas of trees are sadly now a rarity in more populated areas. When I'm witnessing beauty like that, I never feel more proud to be living in our beautiful province and country. 


Top // Cotton On
Cardigan // Front and Company
Skorts // Lowrys Farm
Shoes // Jeffrey Campbell
Socks // Topshop
Hat // Pull and Bear


Even though I know that weekends can't last forever, I wish my weekend in Whistler could have lasted at least a few more days. I could have been a very happy individual exploring every nook and cranny of the area and taking snapshots of my discoveries-- perhaps I'll find my way back to Whistler and Squamish during the later months of the year to experience the wintertime in that stunning area! 

Comments

  1. What an amazing cardie Miss! Gorgeous mix of prints with the top! And the cap is amazing!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful scenery! It is so nice to go out and be with nature; these photos are lovely. I love the cardigan and you look cute in a baseball cap.

    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture of your hat and jacket. Gorgeous photos! I really need to get my butt out to the West sometime!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have wonderful style and the cardigan look amazing. I love going to the countryside too its so relaxing to the mind, body and spirit! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a super fun trip! The BC outdoors are hard to beat :)

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    New post: Kazimierz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué look tan precioso, el cardigan es encantador!
    Un abrazo.
    twognrtions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, what a beautiful landscape, all the pics looks great, I love the way you have matched your outfit.
    there is a saying in spanish "Lo bueno dura poco" it means the best last a few(sorry my english).
    Thanks for your lovely comment.
    Kisses and hugs

    Jackelin Ccorahua
    MAKE YOUR OWN FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I wrote a super long comment and did not go through :( :( :( oh well I will re-write it I guess! I love your outfit!!! that fluffy sweater is just amazing, I truly love how you mixed prints with that polka dotted top! you mastered the sport chic look!!! It is so cool that you got to spend a beautiful time with your fiance in such an amazing place. I think there is nothing more peaceful than walking in the woods, specially with your partner. My husband and I often take long walks in the woods with our dogs and I love them! we can talk everything and anything without the constant distractions of cellphones, computers and tvs!

    Stop being so busy already! haha I'm just kidding. I'm also super busy with work and school but it is good I guess, life is no boring right now :) I hope you are having a lovely week!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com
    KAWAII BOX INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whata fun place to take pictures!! love it! and specially love your outfit! I just stumbled upon your blog! And wow it is amazing, definitely one which is great for inspiration. I love this post specially the great vivid pictures! I would love for you to check out my blog, which by just scrolling through your page, I know you will love!! Keep up the good work
    http://www.timeless-look.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aahh such a natural dream =) Definitely a place where I wouldn't skip out on from exploring! The waterfall especially is amazing! I'm lovin' both ur cardigan & the shoes. Hope u've been more than great through the busy schedules~
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you know already I have been busy too lately and couldn't be happier enjoying like the most exciting weekend ever. I was soo looking forward to it as an opportunity to escape from work and all that stress behind. I guess you saw some pictures on my Instagram about the "Style Contest" I attend. It was soo much fun. Like my weekend was full planned ..going to cinema with friends, havin lunch, shopping etc..
    But anyways lets get back to your incredibly stunning outfit. Have to repeat myself but I love the fluffy coat! Also lovin your Jeffrey Campbell boots, so chic but still casual and perfect for that look. No to forget I love the combi with that denim hat and blue skorts. (Still need to buy myself one btw)

    I love to see nature pictures as they always have an peaceful effect and let people forget everything around. I am not a nature kinda person but I would defo not mind going to Whilster myself.

    Have a lovely day Debs! ❤

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look adorable...and that waterfall, omg! this place looks like a dream. i love exploring the outdoors -- any excuse to be in nature! that outfit is perfect for transitional weather. your cardi looks super cozy and i am totally going to try the colored socks w/booties look you're rocking here.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo of the waterfalls is amazing! And your outfit is gorg! :)

    Followed you on GFC, hope we can follow each other. Teehee <3

    xo,
    Janine | www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment