Chambray Comfort


Hello all,
I'm sorry for the intermittent posting but lately things have been getting pretty hectic! For instance, my boyfriend just came over on Friday to spend a few days in Singapore (and coincidentally celebrate our third anniversary). Those few days were a whirlwind of activity as I tried to fit in as many sights, sounds, and tastes into his trip without killing the both of us. In the end, we ended up visiting areas like Gardens by the Bay, a BMW World 2014 Expo (you know boys and their cars), Clarke Quay for a seafood dinner and coffee date, Universal Studios, and Sentosa Island. We also visited Orchard Road on his last full day and meandered through that very concentrated area of shopping and eating. 

Throughout his entire stay in Singapore, my boyfriend was trying to convince me to visit him in Hong Kong. At first I thought that it would be difficult to plan the trip; however, after we put a little brainpower into the situation, we ended up getting my flight and hotel plans set up! So now I will be leaving tomorrow morning for my 6 am flight to Hong Kong-- I'm so excited to finally visit the city where so many of my Vancouver friends were born. 

On a sidenote, make sure that you always triple check your info before booking your trip: I was stupid enough to only put "Deborah Poh" down on my manifest instead of the full "Deborah Ruiying Poh" that is on my passport. As a result, I had to wait what seemed like half a day for the airline to change it for me as I had already checked in online (another note: don't check in online unless you're absolutely sure that everything is correct). In addition to all of that, I had to find a printer at the local library as my aunt doesn't own a printer...

Despite all of the many setbacks, I'm just happy that things are settled now and I have finished packing (since it's only a few days I can pack very lightly)!


In terms of these photos and my outfit, they were taken near the beginning of my Singapore trip when my aunt and other relatives took my family out for a fancy seafood and dim sum lunch at the NSRCC Resort. This was the first and last time that I wore my wedges (I've been wearing flats all day and everyday lately) as I wouldn't need to walk very far. As well, I wore my new straw sunhat and these lovely skorts from Lowrys Farm (a Japanese brand that I fell in love with while shopping on Orchard Road). What do you guys think?

(Also, check out the mosquito bites on my legs that were a result of being bitten an innumerable amount of times in China.)

 


Skorts // Lowrys Farm
Sunhat // Cotton On
Top // H&M
Shoes // Aldo
Necklace // Ell and Em



Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Beautiful look, the skorts are so sweet :)
    and i alsolove your hat, it looks good on you!

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how lovely of your bf! Spending 3 anni together must be very precious! You look very lovely :) Also, the bag is so your style hun <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. great look ,love your shoes!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/08/groty-neptuna.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorbale, love your looks!

    www.lilacwish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! You look adorable


    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2014/08/red-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit! That skirt is cute

    www.fashionmixedwithsounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gurl. Its the same here in Netherlands. I only have wi-fi connection at my aunties place and she don't even have a laptop and unfortunately I forgot mine at home too. So my posts have to wait till I finally reach home.
    About the mosquitos - gurl you are not alone, they bit me too but we shouldn't better not complain ,it's summer and if you are not prepared you gone be in big big trouble and pain. But we already know haha.
    Btw I'm also most of the time in flats here in Netherlands as we are living in a small town so there's no need to show up with heels wedges or whatever. So I totally feel you!
    But enough said, i love your look. My fav piece is your so chic sunhat and denim skirt.
    Make-up on point but you already know.

    Hope you get to really enjoy yourself in Hongkong with the boyfriend.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chambray "skorts" are adorable, such a cute casual outfit! Hope you're having a great day!
    xo Hannah

    p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a gift card to my vintage shop, a custom flower crown, and a handmade fringe necklace over on my blog if you want to stop by and check it out! :)
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com/2014/08/super-summer-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. how exciting that you're going to visit hong kong! have an amazing trip and enjoy spending more time with your bf! love your wedges and that cute purse.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are such a sweetheart! that photo shoot is amazing - you look always so lovely! and i like the hat! kisses susanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this look, it all goes perfectly together. I especially adore the chambray and the lovely pink shade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. let me add the comment, that i really like that pink bag :) wishing you a great time, kisses susanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely summer look and beautiful photos.
    kisses,
    keepitstylishandsexy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you were able to spend some quality time with your boyfriend! And you simply look gorgeous--I think prettier every time I visit your blog Debbie! Chambray is one of my favorites for the summer and wedges are the perfect option for comfy/stylish shoes.

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie!!! Is funny how boys always end up changing our plans, isn't it? but sometimes those little trips that didn't get much planning are the funnest! I hope you spend a great time what him and I'm glad to read you both have some great three days in Singapore. I saw a pic of you two on Instagram... you guys are so adorable together!!!

    When I read about the incomplete name issues you were having with your ticket, it reminded me that before I moved to USA, when I lived in Peru, I had three names and two last names (yes three!!!) and I would normally just use one name and my two last names.... so I encountered so many issues like the ones you were describing! lol yup such a pain! but I'm glad you got it fixed on time for your trip!

    Of course your outfit is so beautiful as always!!! so I think I'm hoping Lowrys Farm ship internationally! haha becase I'm love with your denim shorts!! so adorable! all the outfits you have shown in your trip to Asia are adorable, summery and they look super comfortable! perfect for a touristic day :) about the mosquito bites... I have them too! (sad face!).

    Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I always enjoy reading your replies. I bough a similar little bag as you MK little pink one but it is more purpleish and Ralph Lauren! it is so so so pretty, you will see it in prob my next post!

    I hope to see a new post soon and to read all about your adventures in Hon Kong!!!
    Muah!


    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh! I am having so much fun catching up on ur posts on ur vacation! Happy to see that u are enjoying every little bit. And last minute decision to Hong Kong sounds awesome~~ Hong Kong is actually one of the places I would love to visit someday =) Can't wait to see ur photos in Hong Kong!
    Love this comfort look on u w/ the oh so flattering skirt & wedges!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfit :)

    thelittlefashionette.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your outfit especially the skorts. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your boyfriend and i really hope you have a lovely time in Hong Kong!

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit, the straw hat look so great on you and so sweet that it's your 3rd anniversary already! (: hope you guys have a wonderful time. x and I hope the trip planning for you to go Hong Kong goes well!

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This look is perfect for summer and you look gorgeous! Great pop of color with the bag also!

    xo,
    miranda

    thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you matched the top and skirt ! You're gorgeous :)

    Bisous !
    Sofia
    http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG how sweet is your bf! That is the cutest thing I've heard in a while and congrats on 3 years lovely! Oh and have an awesome time in HK! It's been years since I last visited and it's a pretty amazing city (with equally awesome shopping hehehe!) you're going to have the most amazing time! Can't wait to see those photos but!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look, so cute! Shoes are gorgeous
    Harriet
    Greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment