Tropical Friday


I must say that I'm super happy that I have this Monday and Tuesday off as I woke up still feeling extremely exhausted from this long, eventful weekend. First off, on Friday I started off the day with a fabulous high tea date with a girlfriend at Neverland Tea Salon in the Kitsilano area. I personally felt that it was one of my favourite high tea experiences as the service was wonderful, the food was delicious and innovative, and the tea was absolutely delicious. My girlfriend and I ended up taking almost two hours to finish our tower of treats and tried out four different teas. Never fear: I took a bunch of pictures and will be posting them soon along with a short review of the place!

After high tea, we shopped a little (without actually buying anything to our surprise) until it was time for me to meet up with the birthday boy. After grabbing a table at Thierry Patisserie in downtown Vancouver with my boyfriend, we shared a delicious exotic fruit tart and spanish latte to start off our weekend together. Unfortunately, we ill-planned our time expenditure in between meeting up at Thierry and our dinner reservation at Miku Restaurant at 8:30 pm. As a result, we ended up bumming about the Coal Harbour seawall for about three hours before we had some appies at Hapa Izakaya near Waterfront. When we finally got to Miku and met up with the rest of the birthday party, the boyfriend and I shared the most delicious meal of seafood goodness: hamachi sashimi salad, a platter of aburi premium nigiri, and the amazing "Coal Harbour seafood platter" (jumbo prawns, scallop ceviche, tuna, mussels, clams, oysters, etc.). And, of course, I paid. 






Maxi Dress, Hat & Necklace // H&M
Shoes // Aldo
Bag // Tory Burch


While that day in itself sounds exhausting, I haven't even mentioned what I did yesterday! But I will leave that rambling story for another post coming soon. For this day's outfit, I wore yet another item from my recent H&M raiding. While I love the comfortable feeling that you get from wearing a maxi dress, even the XS size of this dress was much too long for me. Since I wasn't able to get it hemmed before Friday, I was forced to tie a knot at the bottom instead so that I could make it through the entire day without tripping!

How did you spend your weekend?

Comments

  1. This is such a lovely, cheerful post - perfect for summer! Once again, I adore your tan Tory Burch tote and you look ever so beautiful :) All of the food you've been sampling sounds delicious, I recently went out for dinner at a rather low-key restaurant, only to stumble across the most delicious chocolate fudge cake! Mmmm! Have a lovely week! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you went for high tea! a tower of treats sounds amazing. this dress seems perfect for the weekend & i'm loving the cute print. so jealous you had off today -- i'm super exhausted from this past weekend too!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dress is so summery! And you look absolutely beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so beautiful and so are you. Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl, yeah that sounds exhausting just reading that :P You look so gorgeous as usual. Loving the floppy hat! I need to get me one asap!


    Jules,
    http://forvanityssake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! I love this dress :) your latest H&M shopping trip was such a success! lol I'm obsessing with all your new pieces. You look adorable, I really like how you paired it up with that big hat, it makes the outfit so summery and fun. Oh and the too-long-maxi-dress is my type of issue :( how tall are you? I'm 5 feet tall so every maxi dress is too long lol making a knot on the bottom is such a good idea though!

    I can't wait to see your next post ( the one you were telling me about on my blog), the one where you feature a dress you would wear to a wedding. I'm so excited for you! using a professional photographer must be so much fun and I'm sure your pictures are going to turn out stunning!

    Happy belated birthday to your boy and I hope you are having a great week (mmm having two days off is a great way to start it!)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, such a beautiful dress! I don't think I could pull it off half as great as you! (your hair is also flawless by the way)! I'm rather excited to see all the photos from your date with your girlfriend at the teahouse! I wish the USA had more of those...

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the florals, it's interesting what happens when you start visiting new places in the summer, things one can find though, loove that scenery and that retro couch! Are the prices reasonable at the tea house?

    P.S - Happy Belated to him :-*

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off happy belated birthday to your boy and it sounds like he had a really enjoyful day! He can be proud to have such an amazing and caring girl on his side.

    Also love this outfit and you paired it so well Debbie! The big hat and golden jewels are given this look an kinda summer feeling and make it look so chic though it's a quite comfortable look. Maxi dresses are the key for a comfortable but chic look, always love to put my dresses on and add some accessoires and nice sandals to it.

    Thnks for stopping by my e-store and I'm also lovin the floral headpieces and them shiny chunky wedges but I'm also too broke now to buy anything haha. It's time to save some money real quick!
    Also can't wait to see your photos of your trip to China and I hope that you enjoy it as well. Time has passed so quick!

    Yeah and Ghana is really doing a great job at the worldcup and maybe because they don't have too much pressure as the "high ranked teams". I'm so proud of my team and hope that tomorow they are going to do it against Portugal and score some goals!

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful dress!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look stunning hun love that dress x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress - so pretty, you look gorgeous!!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress is so nice !
    I have been searching for a dress like that for ages!

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment