Travel Diary: Cococay Island


In terms of natural scenery, my visit to Cococay Island in the middle of my Bahamian cruise most certainly took the cake. As soon as the ship was anchored down for the day, my friends and I had our breakfast while staring off through the windows at the little island that awaited us. On this particular day, we had paid for a snorkeling excursion that we could undertake at our leisure-- I was extremely excited as I have always wanted to snorkel and these tropical waters would be the perfect place to have my first experience. 


In order to get to the island, we had to take one of the several ferry boats that took passengers back and forth from the island all day long. As soon as we stepped onto land, we were fascinated by the slightly touristy but undeniable beauty of this tiny island paradise.



As soon as we found the snorkeling shack, we picked up our gear, went through a safety brief session, and hit the water. It took quite a few tries to get used to breathing solely through the mouthpiece, as well as not to laugh or risk getting salt water into one's mask; however, after a period of adjustment, we were able to swim into deeper waters and see more interesting underwater sights. When I first moved into the deeper areas, I was greatly shocked to see a stingray not more than five feet away from me! Not surprisingly, I was freaked out and had to resurface in order to regroup and fix my mask. Unfortunately, I was unable to see anything more exotic than colourful fish for the rest of the time we spent in the water. 


After we had our fill of snorkeling, we headed back towards shore and had a very lovely suntanning session. We were also lucky enough to grab the last remains of the BBQ lunch that had been made for cruise passengers-- we were more than happy to gorge ourselves on delicious hot dogs, spare ribs, rice, and other delicious food. Sadly, the boyfriend and I had to leave the island in the late afternoon as we both had a spa appointments back on the ship (he had a massage and facial package while I had a manicure massage). Our friends were able to further explore the island and check out some of the island's more pristine beaches.



Would you be interested in visiting Cococay Island? I highly recommend it to anyone!

Comments

  1. Wow! Is so amazing!
    I'm so crazy jealous! <3
    xoxo
    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics !
    I'd love to go there, you're so lucky ;)

    thelittlefashionette.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place!!!!
    Cool photos!!!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that place is breathtaking! So jealous! :)


    xo Jules
    http://forvanityssake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just looks so lovely! The snorkelling would be so fun! You too must be having the best time :)
    But can i just say.. your eyebrows look so perfect after swimming, you must have been blessed with the best eyebrows ever! haha

    Laura xx
    http://somethinglauralikes.blogspot.com/
    p.s.yes I would definitely want to visit Cococay Island! looks incredible

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing bikini Debbie! You look stunning!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take beautiful photos! Looks like fun :-)

    Please check out my style! xoxo

    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the swimsuit on you! They look great :)

    Ahh, I always like to shop at Park Royal or sometimes Robson if the weather is good :) If I have to go Metro, I always go there on Monday or Tuesday to avoid crowd :)))

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: ZOOEY DESCHANEL FOR TOMMY HILFIGER
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that looks so beautful. what a stunning location! and your swimsuit is wonderful - such a flashy color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After seeing this post, I'm greatly interested in Cococay Island now :D The pictures of the island & incredibly blue ocean are truly amazing!! U're so brave to go snorkeling esp after u said there was a stingray not even a few ft away from u!
    P.S- Love the bikini! Bandeau ones are my fav ;)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure I would! This island looks so beautiful and tropic. I always love to see water like this. Clear blue with a shimmer, just perfect.
    Snorkeling has been also on my to-do list, not on top but at least I wanted to give it a try. But I think I'm scared of all the tropic animals that might be in the water haha! But maybe, maybe ..
    Have a great week Debbie!

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pics are really amazing!
    I am so jealous!
    I mean eventhough it's hot in Vienna (and yes, its really) I can't enjoy it because I have to study for an exam :(

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Debbie! Your tropical vacation looks super fun...I need to make it out there one day too!

    Justin
    Walking, Talking Style
    New post: Stockholm Archipelago

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds amazing, can't believe you were 5 feet from a sting ray, I would be so freaked out as well! Bikini is a lovely colour!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment