One Busy Bee





I'm wearing:
Dynamite blazer // Club Monaco shirt // Le Chateau necklace // Urban Planet liquid leggings // DKNY heels

Hello everyone, it feels like eternity since I've last blogged on here but it was really only a week!
My work and school schedules have been crazy lately: I worked four days in a row last week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and still had to finish assignments and do tons of readings. Added to that, I just managed to finish my third Trendy Tuesday post by the skin of my teeth! Click here to check it out: http://ax3battery.com/2012/10/02/trendy-tuesday/  

Luckily, I managed to squeeze in a good hang-out with friends on Saturday night just to keep my sanity. The best thing we did was watch The Little Mermaid and sing along to "Part of Your World" and "Under the Sea." Sometimes going back to your childhood is the best way of coping with more grown-up pressures that have been piling up on you.

For this particular outfit, I needed to go to work and be suitably dressed for a fundraiser dinner right after I finished my shift. The fundraiser was held at my church for the Dalits of India; these are people who make up a large portion of India's population and who are treated horribly on the basis of their caste. In the Hindu religion, it is believed that one's status in this life reflects one's actions from a past life. As a result, those who have been born into a low caste are assumed to have done something horrible in their past life. Although these castes were officially abolished by the government in 1947, the practice of caste segregation and discrimination still carries on into the present day. Also known as "untouchables," these people face daily economic and social discrimination, abuse, segregation, and rape from those of higher castes. As well, they are despicably poor and often must send their children out to scavenge for scraps in enormous garbage dumps. We watched one video about a girl was who was made into a prostitute by her parents but was eventually able to escape from the situation. Her story, sadly, is very exceptional. If you wish to learn more about the Dalits and how you can help, go to their website: http://www.dalitfreedom.net/default.aspx

Well , I must say that write the above blurb about the Dalits dampened my spirits somewhat. However, we should try to stay joyful and positive and to always remember to help and pray for those in need! 


Comments

  1. Awesome outfit! Love the leggings!

    xx, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats crazy working so much AND going to school. youre superwoman! haha
    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look, great for a busy day like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment