Snow Day Blues (Flashback Friday)


O U T F I T  D E T A I LS

t o p  /  J. CREW

t u r t l e n e c k  +  j e a n s  /  TOPSHOP

s u n g l a s s e s  /  RAY BAN

c a p  /  ALDO

b a g  / CHLOÉ

c o a t  /  GUESS

b o o t s  /  CALVIN KLEIN 

Guys, I logged into my blog for ashamedly the first time since March and realized that I had some blog drafts pending that I have no reasonable excuse for not posting. So, please bear with me as I put out some belated posts-- such as today's "Snow Day" outfit. At the time of taking these photos, I remember whining about how I was wanting to wear my summery attire even though there was snow on the ground. It's so nice to tell my past self that, YES, we made it to June and that warmer days were not far ahead. In fact, the cold, dreary days of winter have already been banished to the back of my mind until next year...

Also, nowadays, I've been wearing all of my summery outfits with wild abandon as we have been experiencing a little bit of a heat wave over the past few weeks. Most importantly of all, who can believe that it's already JUNE?



When I look at these outfit photos, it's like looking at a mini-time capsule. In particular, I'm sad that I have barely worn these pieces since the time of taking these photos. Isn't it amazing how easily you can forget what's in your closet if you can't see everything that you own? For instance, I need to wear this J. Crew top again now that it's warm enough to wear it without layering. As well, I almost have completely forgotten that I own these jeans. I can probably count the number of times I have worn this paperboy cap on one hand...


In somewhat related news, I'm slowly decluttering my apartment by throwing out old décor and unnecessary items (which will definitely include older clothing and shoes). Hopefully, that will mean that I will also wear the pieces that I do own with higher frequency (if I can avoid burying them under a new layer of newly-bought clothing)!
Have a wonderful weekend and happy first day of June, everyone!

Cheers,

The Stylish Wordsmith


Comments