Sunday Monochrome



Sundays should be spent in sunshine and in full relaxation mode. Two weeks ago, I fell sick from the flu and had to take my first sick days in more than half a year. After feeling cooped up at home after so many days, it felt amazing to finally be on the mend, to be regaining my energy, and spending time outside in the gorgeous Vancouver sunshine. However, before the sunshine arrived on Saturday, we had to endure a foot of snowfall being dumped over our city.

As a result, I was forced to dress as warmly and comfortably as possible-- especially since I would be attending two birthday celebrations that day. The first would be for my father's 68th birthday and would consist of a lovely family lunch at my parents' place. I briefly considered changing into a different outfit for the dinner birthday party; however, I quickly changed my mind when I thought of the cold weather and settled for switching my sneakers for more dressy booties.

Speaking of these shoes, I decided to try out the sock-style sneaker trend when I spotted this pair on Zara's online Boxing Days sales a while back. My thinking was that since they were only about $20, I wouldn't be losing too much by getting them!



O U T F I T  D E T A I LS

s w e a t e r  +  s h o e s  /  ZARA

s u n g l a s s e s  /  RAY BAN

p a n t s  / T. BABATON (via ARITZIA)

t o q u e  /  TOPSHOP

b a g  / CHLOƉ

c o a t  /  MANGO


What do you think of the sneaker trend? Are you on it or indifferent? In truth, I'm loving the comfort of these shoes and am thinking of buying a few more pairs. After massacring my feet with so many uncomfortable shoes, I'm so relieved to be wearing some that baby them instead!

Cheers,

The Stylish Wordsmith

Comments