Hints of Fall


If you consider all of the beautiful weather that we've enjoyed lately, it's almost as if fall is trying to convince hardcore summer lovers that the end of summer isn't that bad of a thing. Since it's still warm enough outside, I've been enjoying the great outdoors by getting in afternoon and evening runs around the local park. Also, if the weather cooperates this weekend, I might be doing my last hike of the year in Squamish: Wedgemont Lake. Lastly, I should be able to wear my most summery wardrobe items when I hit Las Vegas in mid-October with two of my girlfriends-- the last time I went to Vegas in October, the temperatures were in the low thirties!

While I'm highly reluctant to let go of sleeveless tops, shorts, and other favourite summer pieces, it is fun to incorporate darker colours into my wardrobe during this time of the year. For instance, one of my favourite shades, burgundy, is fast becoming a go-to accent colour for this season. From what I've witnessed recently, stores seem to be stocking burgundy items left, right, and centre. These burgundy-accented suede heels were a steal from The Bay, with the added bonus of actually being quite comfortable.



Top + Shorts // Topshop
Shoes // Expression via The Bay
Bag // Plen+y


While summer is undoubtedly my favourite season, I am looking forward to doing autumnal things like Oktoberfest next weekend. The fall to-do list also includes: the corn maze, the pumpkin patch, drinking hot apple cider, watching the leaves change, watching the fall premieres of my favourite shows (Quantico, The Fall, etc.) and wearing cozy sweaters without sweating up an unattractive storm.

What is your favourite fall fashion trend so far this season?

Comments