Sunday Polish


It's been an eternity since I last posted on here. However, I feel like my absence has been well-merited since I just started a new job and am about to get married in just over two weeks. In terms of work, I've been training for the past three weeks and finally have begun working on my own. It's exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time! I honestly am happy for the new challenge as I feel like I need a satisfying job after finishing university this year. Not only that, I adore my new colleagues-- you have never seen a more friendly, fun, and supportive bunch. Of course, I miss my coworkers from my other job very much; luckily, they work just below my new workplace and I can visit them very easily.

With regard to the wedding, I'm surprised at how little stress I feel at the moment. Thanks to a decent amount of organizational skills, a supportive fiance, and good friends, everything seems to be in order for my wedding and I can't wait for the big day to draw near!

Other than the wedding and job, I've also been going outdoors and hiking more than ever. Just yesterday I managed to hike an extremely difficult trail up Crown Mountain (after finishing a difficult trail called the Grouse Grind in order to reach the trailhead of the Crown Mountain hike). Of course, I took plenty of pictures and I shall be posting something on the hike very soon.
 


Top + Pants + Shoes // Topshop
Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace // Sirens
Bangle // Forever 21
Engagement Ring // Tiffany & Co.


For this particular outfit, almost everything I wore turned out to be from Topshop. A simple black and white combination almost never can go wrong. I just bought this pair of white slacks on sale (they also are work-appropriate) and I got these shoes just because I like their lace-up design and needed something more formal than gladiator sandals. 

Also, a surprise appearance from none other than my engagement ring! If you didn't know, the ring has been in Singapore for the past year as there was a mix-up over whether I would get taxed for the ring at the Canadian border when returning from Asia a year ago. Finally, my parents (who just went to Asia for the past month) brought back my ring and I can finally wear it with pride! Sadly, since I have tiny, bony fingers, I need to get the ring re-sized before I can wear it properly.


Have a wonderful week everyone and enjoy the sunshine!

Comments

  1. You look gorgeous dear! Love those pants and top

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/08/colorful-with-dressgal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful outfit. Love the pants and the top is great with those shoulders <3

    Katja from Slovenia

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your neckpiece makes a statement. Love it so much.
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment