White on the Beach


Hey guess what? I'm getting married next month! That notion is so surreal to me as it really seems like I only just starting planning it a few months ago. The dress is set, the venue is set, the decor is almost ready, the table seating plan is finished, and we're working on the DJ playlist for the reception. Whenever it seems like I've finally gotten a handle on everything, I remember that there are at least five other items that need my immediate attention. While I'm extremely excited for the big day, I'm also anticipating the relief of not having so much pressure looming over me on a daily basis. When I'm finished getting married, I'm going to relax as much as humanly possible!

That relaxation starts with a short trip to Tofino to enjoy the calm tranquility of beaches, tacos, and good coffee shops. Until then, I'll take shorter trips to the beach and hiking as a substitute. Also, I'll be having a good few days in a cabin at Manning Park at the end of this month, which I will be sharing with three other couples. So much to look forward to!

For this particular post, it had been another incredibly hot day in Vancouver. We were on our way to my brother's housewarming and decided to stop by Barnet Marine Park. After seeing its relative quietness (in comparison to other parks), we decided that we should plan a BBQ there very soon and maybe even go kayaking. Yet another thing to add to my planning plate (but worth the trouble).  

In terms of my outfit, I wore my Wilfred dress and a new Community cape that I recently acquired. Well, I only had the cape on for a few minutes before taking it off-- I don't know how anyone wears pants or any kind of layers in this heat we've been having! Speaking of heat, the lack of water in B.C. has led to wildfires ravaging our province's northern areas and the resulting smoke passing over our cities in a thick haze. Pray for rain! 


Dress // Wilfred (Aritzia)
Cape // Community (Aritzia)
Sunglasses // Versace
Shoes // Topshop
Bangle // Forever 21


How have you been keeping cool in this summer heat? I feel like the old table fan in my bedroom is far too inadequate to deal with the temperature these days. Please let it rain, Vancouver!

Comments

  1. Lovely look! You look gorgeous with the white dress!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look and congrats!!!!! You're going to have an amazing wedding, I know it!

    -Vivian
    www.viviannkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like so much to plan for a wedding! It's going to be amazing.

    Looking efforlessly beautiful in that white dress.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice look :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment