Cozy Comfort


Can you believe that yet another busy week is nearly over? I'm astonished every time I realize that it's already mid-November and the year will be ending next month. However, the lateness of the year isn't so surprising when I wake up to find frost on the ground, freezing cold air, and realize that the days get dark before 5 pm. 

In other news, I'm proud to say that my friend and I successfully woke up at 5:15 am every day since Monday for the gym (four days in a row)! The saddest fail occurred on Tuesday, which is a statutory holiday for Remembrance Day, when we woke up early for boot camp class. Unfortunately, it completely slipped our minds that the recreational centre we use for those classes is a public facility and would be closed for the holiday. After moaning and groaning about our mistake, we decided to camp out for one freezing hour in front of our other gym, Club 16, until it opened at 7 am. Then we did an intense 50 minute workout until I had to get ready for work. That was fun...

Despite the fact that I've been waking up early for the gym, working out for one to two hours, and then going to work not long after, I've been greatly surprised at how awake and alert I've been. This most certainly is a result of my going to sleep earlier and earlier in order to get a better sleep (I'm now able to shut everything off and sleep by around 9:45 pm). Tomorrow, I'll be having my first "rest day" since Sunday and will be able to "sleep in" until 7 am. How things have changed since the days when waking up at 8 am seemed too early!


Sweater // American Eagle Outfitters
Turban // Urban Planet
Shoes // Expression via The Bay
Pants & necklace // Forever 21


With regard to this outfit post, I had originally planned to shoot it outdoors; however, by the time I got home after a shopping date with the lovely Jasmeen, it was much too dark outside to take adequate photos! It was then that I fully realized how far into the fall season we are and that winter is most certainly on its way. At least I was able to wear some cozy items, such as this turban, sweater, and comfortable jeans. It's been extremely hard to resist all of the super cute sweaters in stores lately-- in fact, just yesterday I bought a cute baby blue sweater that I can't wait to wear. 

What are your favourite cozy fall/winter staples?

Comments

  1. Super cute cozy look! love the turban on your head... I think I need one in my closet haha I'm so proud of your for sticking to your morning workout routine! I've been doing on and off... I can't got to sleep early enough to wake up early enough to do all what I want to do in the mornings :( so I've been slacking a little bit these couple of weeks! Hopefully I can get back into it for next week.... since thanksgiving is coming up... I kind of HAVE to do it, otherwise I will gain a million pounds haha

    Yeah... it kind of sucks that is getting so dark so soon! I barely see the daylight because it is not all the way light up in the mornings when I leave to work and it is dark by the time I'm heading home :( now I can only take pictures in the weekends! or inside, yours turn out great :) where you just using the flash of your camera?

    OH btw my bangs are getting so annoying lately haha I need to wash my hair everyday otherwise they get greasy... just as you predicted! you where so right my friend lol

    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for the waking up so early! You deserve an amazing weekend of rest now! I love this casual outfit of yours Debbie! You look so radiant!
    Kisses from Paris!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man...that must have been hard to wake up early that Thursday, and realize you could have sleep it. I have to give you prompt for staying the course of your early work out. I know I got use to the early morning workout but now on the weekend when I can sleep late, I wake up early. Keep it up and by the way...cute outfit. I love the detail on the jeans!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear how successful you've been doing lately with all the workouts and waking up early in order to get everything done what supossed to be done in a day. I bet it was fun attending at the boot camp class while it wasn't even open haha but you obviously managed the situation and made the best out of it. Luckily!

    What I love about this very cozy and simple outfit is the jeans. First of all I love denim and I'm loving the mesh kinda detail on your jeans. The turban fits you so well too. I have the same in green and I can't wait to wear it this winter. Your accessories and your make-up are always on point.

    Wishing you a great weekend.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang every day at 5:15! Well you are amazing! Loving this outfit. Saw it on your instagram and I knew it was fab. I love love that turban and love how you're rocking it! I have always adored your eyebrows but they pop with the turban. I also love those jeans! You look great, as always!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww yes! ive been trying to get up as early as i can too because i want to exercise and stuff like that, but i always ends up to wake up at 7 am huhu so i always end up hiking alone. Anyway you look absolutely gorgeous in your laid back chic outfit, love the head piece <3

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello beautiful and awesome Debbie! I want to say that I am very proud of you for sticking up to the early wake-ups and getting your workout routine done. I did that for a while but not anymore:-( I used to be a dedicated cyclist, I even did some road racing for a while. Back then riding 120 miles in 4 1/2 hours was a piece of cake for me. I was super dedicated and during the week I will get up 5:00AM to go ride at least 40 miles so I could keep my endurance up and ready for the weekends racing. Not anymore. Now with blogging I don't have time for such dedicated sport. I enjoyed it and yes, I crashed a couple of times which wasn't fun. Luckily I didn't break any bones like others did. I also realized that the risk involved in such sport wasn't worth it for me at this point in my life. Now I do weight lifting once a week and some cardio when I can. Anyways, I am so proud of you and you are looking so great so keep it up girl! Love what you are wearing today. The turban looks so cute on you and the jeans are what I need in my closet right now. I don't have a pair like that. The crop sweater seems so comfy and fits you so well and the necklace adds the feminine touch that makes you look so glam. Hope all is well with you and everything else going in your life. I enjoy all the beautiful pictures you post on IG. It makes me want to pack my suitcase and travel to where you are:-) Take care girl and lots of blessings from me are going your way. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.con

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really snug and cozy Debbie. I'm awed by your ability to sleep and wake up that early. And it is nice to hear that you are more alert and energetic. I won't be able to do that. That's really inspirational and I hope you continue the healthy lifestyle! Could I ask what's the font that you use for the main body text of your posts?

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment